It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2005, 10:17 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

nbden HB User
Question Tight/Bloated Feeling??...

For the past few days my stomach has been feeling really tight, and bloated. I figured it was stool, but I've taken 2 enemas and oral laxatives but no relief. I took some gas x, but still nothing.. any throught on what this could be? It's really bothersome and I get hungry, but feel full after only a few bites..

Old 01-19-2005, 03:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User
Re: Tight/Bloated Feeling??...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrdbr111
For the past few days my stomach has been feeling really tight, and bloated. I figured it was stool, but I've taken 2 enemas and oral laxatives but no relief. I took some gas x, but still nothing.. any throught on what this could be? It's really bothersome and I get hungry, but feel full after only a few bites..
I get that too. I wish I knew what it was. Its annoying isn't it, to eat a little and feel like you out-ate a lumberjack?!

I hope someone has a little insight and can offer some advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2005, 03:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

I just found this article on the net:

Bloating or a bloated stomach, especially after eating can be attributed to a number of reasons but we have found that in many cases, the problem is the insufficient breakdown of the foods eaten which in turn can lead to a number of symptoms such as ...

Gurgling in the gut area
Gut / stomach pains
Indigestion and/or Bad Breath
Burping
Flatulence
The feeling of 'over eating'

Why can some people eat virtually anything without experiencing any adverse effects and yet a large percentage of the population suffer terribly from the above listed symptoms on a daily basis?
Basically, many people's digestive systems are not operating efficiently due to a host of reasons such as...

Food Intolerance
Excessive use of various medication over time such as antibiotics, hormones, antacids etc.
Our stomach HCL levels decline as we age
Long term overindulgence in 'junk foods', salt, sugar, food additives, food colorants etc.

QUESTION: What can you do to help yourself?

ANSWER: If there are no medical reasons causing the problem, alter eating habits & supplement your diet with various Probiotics & Digestive Enzymes for a period of time.

SUMMARY:

Alter / improve your eating habits & diet
Improve the digestive process.
Restore normal bowel flora (favourable bacteria in the colon).

BENEFICIAL SUPPLEMENTS

Digestive Enzymes
Probiotics e.g. Acidophilus & Bifido
Antifungals
Caprylic Acid
Aloe Vera

Old 01-19-2005, 03:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

In the context of digestive complaints, bloating refers to swelling around any of the abdominal area, though it is most common around the lower abdomen. Bloating normally tends to occur a period of time after consuming a meal, and normally becomes worse as the day progresses. Individuals often awaken in the morning with no bloating but retire feeling very full and distended.

Bloating is often accompanied by increased flatulence and is reduced to some extent by a bowel movement. Constipation is also a regular factor in individuals suffering from bloating.

Bloating generally occurs due to excessive fermentation of undigested food products in the digestive tract and / or increased immune activity in digestive tract. This second point seems a little wooly, but relates to an increased activity of gut-associated immune cells as a result of many factors including:
Allergies, increased toxicity in the intestines, bacterial or yeast infections, parasites, constipation or other factors.

Excessive fermentation of foodstuffs in the colon is the result of improper digestion which may be due to:
Insufficient secretion of hydrochloric acid (stomach acid)
Insufficient secretion of digestive enzymes
Liver and / or gall bladder disorders more...
Pancreatic insufficiency
Nutrient deficiencies
Dysbiosis (imbalanced intestinal organisms) more...
There are also other possible causes.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:39 PM   #5
(male)

Barrygood HB User

Possibly symptoms relating to Gastroparesis. Don't forget to check with your Gastroenterologist.
Barrygood

Closed Thread