It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Leaky Gut Syndrome

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2005, 05:03 PM   #1
mranxiety
(male)

mranxiety HB User
Leaky Gut Syndrome

Members:

I have taken lots of antibiotics over the past 6 months -- including real strong stuff over a 7 day period (ceftriaxone injectable).

I've been weak....nauseous....have very dry skin and mouth and despite an advid fitness buff... I can no longer work out for more than 30 minutes before I get shaky and start dry heeving.

I just read about "Leaky Gut Syndrome" and I made the connect between my symptoms and the cause of this disease (excessive use of antibiotics .....#2 was H. Pylori.. which I had this summer as well.)

Could I have Leaky Gut Syndrome?

How do I test for this .. considering I've been tested for every disease under the sun?

Can this condition be cured?

Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
tattooyu
(male)

tattooyu HB User
Re: Leaky Gut Syndrome

If you have been taking extensive antibiotics, it is possible that your good intenstinal flora (bacteria) is out of whack.

I would recommend a good probiotic and take about 5-10 billion CFU a day.

Oh yeah...DRINK ENOUGH WATER! It has helped me immensely. About 1 ounce of pure water for every pound of body weight.

180lb. active person would need to drink 90oz. of water a day, or ~6oz per hour for a 16-hour waking day.

Last edited by tattooyu; 02-02-2005 at 11:41 AM.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:16 PM   #3
DTemple

DTemple HB User
Re: Leaky Gut Syndrome

Read Rot & Rust on the internet, just do a search. Sounds like a crazy name, but this website is scientific and explains alot of digestive problems. I too have symptoms of leaky gut and am now taking high quality probiotics, along with other dietary modifications. You may need digestive enzymes. I took antiobiotics for lyme disease and now 17 months later, still working on getting well from the drugs. I also had my mercury fillings removed, check for more information on that relationship.

Closed Thread