It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2005, 06:22 PM   #1

bebedoo HB User
Angry gnawing/squeezing stomach pain with gas/gurgling

I'm trying to figure out what type of problem I am experiencing. I have had this off and on 3 or 4 times over the last 5 years.. They are bouts that last 3-4 weeks before going away. It is a squeezing, gnawing kind of pain in my upper stomach right below my breast bone. I have lost unexplained weight in the last 6 months. I am late 30's, female. I've had people tell me I have IBS, gastritis, stomach inflammation. However, noone will tell me exactly what it is or what precautions I should take. After several extensive tests, I still leave the doctors offices knowing clueless as to what it is. Tests I have taken include: EEG / endoscopy / Hydoscan

Other symptoms:

In and out squeezing pains
quick reactions (pain comes in) to any but simple foods
gurgling noises in stomach
excessive gas & belching
upper back pain

I drink coffee daily in the morning on a empty stomach, smoke just under a pack a day if any of these might hint to a certain diagnosis.

I would appreciate any advice or tips. Let me know if I can answer any questions to help. Thanks so much in advance!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 02:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Re: gnawing/squeezing stomach pain with gas/gurgling

Can you give alittle more detail about the pain?Is the pain under the breastbone the only symptom you have,any indigestion?Could be acid reflux disease ,if i were you i'd try cutting out the coffee and cigarettes and see if that makes any difference. If its acid reflux or an ulcer both of those things can irritate it even futher.Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2005, 09:13 PM   #3
(male)

livinNE HB User

The way you explain it, it seems I have pretty similar symptoms. I don't have any pain though, but for the last few weeks i've had A LOT of gurgling and just feelings that something is under my right rib cage gently kicking around. It seems to me it is gas but when I went to the doc he seems to think I need a colonoscopy. I had my gall bladder removed about a year and a half ago and thought it was something to do with that at first but he doesn't seem to think so. I'm not so sure it is any colon problems but since im not a doc i'm going to have to wait until the end of March to tell me whats going on. This is the first time I am having this issue and I hope it isn't serious.

Old 02-17-2005, 09:41 AM   #4
(female)

dkbrez HB User

I have all those symptoms, and its because of my gallbladder problems. I'm getting it removed tomorrow. the pain radiates up my right shoulder a lot. I have a lot of high stomach probs as well. (yes, lots of noises too!) Just an overall horrible feeling. If it is your gallbladder and your diet isnt that great it will most likely get worse.

Just my thought, Hope you find answers soon *hug*

Old 04-15-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
(female)

serpentgirl HB User

Hi bebedoo,

If you are still around, would you mind sharing if you've found out anything more about your condition? I am dealing with something a somewhat similar. I don't have any pain though (in fact, eating makes it feel better), except between my shoulder blades, and I think that is just the same tension / TMJ related muscle pain I've always had. I do get a squeezing feeling above my abdomen, but I think that is pressure from gas because if I poke it, eventually it will get better or move. I also have a lot of belching & gurgling. I had this in January for 3 to 4 weeks, it went away, then it came back again after Easter dinner. I've now had it again for about 3 weeks. I am a 27 yo female. I don't smoke and rarely drink coffee. I do drink a lot of herbal and green teas, and alcohol on weekends.

Closed Thread