It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

Jasmin HB User
Slight sharp pain under right rib..

For the past month or so i've had this slight sharp poking (or twinges)sensation on the right side under lower rib cage area. Also a slight ache at my waist (same side) and next to navel. I'm having a CT with oral contrast next week of abdomen and pelvic since pain seems to move around. I'm thinking either kidney or gall stones. I've checked out the gallbladder and kidney stone boards. My symptoms don't seem as painful as what has been described on these other boards.

Last edited by Jasmin; 02-25-2005 at 03:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #2
(female)

littlegal HB User
Re: Slight sharp pain under right rib..

Hello Jasmin,
I've had the same problem since Sept, 2004. I had one severe pain under my right rib and then a constant burning sensation after that. I went to the ER - they tested my gall bladder. It doesn't function properly but I didn't have gall stones. Now I only suffer with a slight pain - it feels more like a tearing, pinching and needles and pin feeling. It isn't too severe - more scary because I don't know what it is. It radiates around my waist line and especially near my navel. All on the right side only. Sometimes it runs around my back area. The Dr. kept saying I had kidney stones, but went through the test - nothing there either. Hope you feel better!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2005, 08:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

actudan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal
Hello Jasmin,
I've had the same problem since Sept, 2004. I had one severe pain under my right rib and then a constant burning sensation after that. I went to the ER - they tested my gall bladder. It doesn't function properly but I didn't have gall stones. Now I only suffer with a slight pain - it feels more like a tearing, pinching and needles and pin feeling. It isn't too severe - more scary because I don't know what it is. It radiates around my waist line and especially near my navel. All on the right side only. Sometimes it runs around my back area. The Dr. kept saying I had kidney stones, but went through the test - nothing there either. Hope you feel better!!

How did you find out that your gallbladder isn't functioning properly? You can have a diseased gallbladder w/o stones which can require the gallbladder to be removed. I'm just curious when you say it isn't functioning properly then why hasn't removing it been considered.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:39 AM   #4
(female)

littlegal HB User

I had an ultrasound done and it showed no kidney stones. Then I had to have an HIDA scan done which showed my gallbladder only working at 9%. That is low, but I asked the Dr. that read the test to me what it meant. He said I didn't have to have surgery unless I got tired of putting up with the pain. So.... I never went and had anything done. I know in the back of my mind I need to but I'm just too scared!!! I don't have severe pain like everyone talks about with the gallbladder. Mine is mild, but it lasts for days. I go to a chiropractor for my back and neck and she is doing a BRT techinque. She does several muscle testing and she states my gallbladder is backed up. She said my colon and small intestines shows more stress and she's been trying to get those cleaned out. It sounds weird and kinda "witch dr like" but it does seem to work. I will probably be going to the Dr. soon about this problem though - I really don't want to go through any tests though. I am terrified of Dr.'s and Hospitals!!!!!

Old 03-04-2005, 08:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

actudan HB User

Good luck! I don't have anything against alternative treatments to medical practices or like you say "witch dr like", but just keep your options open. So far, it seems like your med doc and "witch dr" have both confirmed a GB problem so if the alt treatments don't work, you may consider having the GB removed. Take care.

Closed Thread