It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 05:21 AM   #1
(male)

mikeinca HB User
Feels like gas pains, won't go away

I've been having what feels like gas pains in my stomach for four days. It comes in waves, every 45 minutes or so... and then gurgles itself away. I haven't had any trouble with bowel movements... though it's been slight diahrea and this morning my stool was black. The pains range from mild to severe... but they always "gurgle" away. The bowel movement does not provide any relief... it's as if the problem's not connected? The only time I've felt this sort of cramping in the past, a bowel movement has cured it. I am a 30-year old male in good health. No existing medical conditions. My daily routine including meal habits has not changed. Any ideas?

Old 03-16-2005, 09:46 AM   #2
Veteran

bullun HB User
Re: Feels like gas pains, won't go away

Personally I used to experience something very similar and visited a doctor for it. There inital supsicion was a stomach ulcer. It was never relieved by passing gas or having a bowel movement. I took on ulcer medication which did not relieve the pain. Do you notice it ever improving after you eat? Would you say it seems similar to a burning sensation at all?

Mine wound up being something completely different. An intolerance to wheat, which I regularly avoid now and have not suffered a relapse if I avoid wheat/flour. However my symtoms similar to yours came with repeat bouts of diarrhea and no relief of the pain.

I'm not saying you have any of these, but just to give you a sample of a ray of things it could be. Black stools can indicate blood in the stool. I'd would strongly recommend visiting your doctor if it continues or worsens in any way. It could be as simple as an irritable bowel, but could be more serious problems also. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 10:48 AM   #3
(male)

mikeinca HB User
Re: Feels like gas pains, won't go away

It is not a burning sensation. I have to say, though, as of this afternoon it's finally feeling better. I'm wondering if it's possible that it was food poisoning? The only thing I ate each day that I had the problem was a lunchmeat ham. I did not eat that today, I threw it away to be safe. It was never any worse, though, after I ate. Or better for that matter. It's not completely gone, just better.

Closed Thread