It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Live-Life-to-Love HB User
Dull stomach ache all day especially after eating meals

I've posted this question earlier this month. Does anyone here have a dull stomach ache that is worse after you eat a meal? I have been feeling this for just about a month now on and off.

I did a stomach sonongram which was normal. I was scheduled for a endoscopy but cancelled it because life got in the way and my pain was virtually gone. By the way the pain stopped after I took 4 days of Prevacid.

Then I took the Prevacid when I "remembered" which was not at all consistant. Now the pain is back and worse than ever.

No nausea, no dark stools, normal bowles, normal appetite, no vomiting. So, what are the chances it could be stomach cancer. I unstand the odds are against me, but I also just read a post on another site where a girl (19) ended up having it....so you never know really.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:07 AM   #2
(female)

BAP HB User
Re: Dull stomach ache all day especially after eating meals

Hi there
Yes, I usually get this. I am usually bloated up very soon after eating or drinking and it doesn't matter what. Even a glass of water can cause pain. I was diagnosed with IBS and I think that it is much worse after having Nissen Fundoplication last year. Sorry, I don't know what else to say. Surgeons are saying that the pain is a problem with my GB which I'm not sure about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2005, 01:45 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

I get this as well. I have mild gastritis and gallbladder problems. I am having my GB out on the 29th. I know gastritis can cause stomach aches after eating as well as bloating and full feeling.
Get your endoscopy done and that should tell you if you have any stomach problems like ulcers, gastritis, acid reflux/gerd or cancer.

Good Luck!
Donna

Old 03-27-2005, 03:14 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

kevinla HB Userkevinla HB User

Sounds like Gastrits. I have the same symptoms. Just had an endoscopy.

Kevin

Last edited by kevinla; 03-27-2005 at 03:19 PM.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:09 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the responses.

I'm feeling better today (started with the Prevacid again) but I am going to schedule a endoscopy as soon as possible. I need to see what the problem is and fix it once and for all. I can't be living in pain and panic!

I'm glad to hear that there are other people out there with the same complaint. It's probably something not so serious otherwise I would have additional symptoms like blood in vomit or stool.

What is the best medicine for Gastritious and/or Ulsers? I'm going to start Nexium tomorrow since I have a sample and people tell me it's really good.

Old 04-19-2005, 07:34 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Update: Well I went for the Endoscopy and I was told I have a hernia and mild gastritis. I was told to continue taking Prevacid for AT LEAST 6 months. That was it.

I actally needed to ask the doctor all sorts of questions, because he simply didn't say much about why this happens, what to do from now about my eating habits etc....which I thought was very unprofessional! I really didn't like him in the 1st place (he actually took a call from his son and was chatting away while I was in his office the 1st time) but I went back because they accomodated me with the endoscopy appoitment and he's near my home.

I did ask him a few questions but I was just coming off from being put to sleep for the procedure so I was a bit loopy and don't rememeber much.

All I know is that I am going to be fine...yipeeee.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

It's been a few months and I decided to write back. I was told I have Barretts Esophagus.

I'm dealing with it the best I can right now.

And considering getting Barrax to remove it.

Closed Thread