It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 10:58 AM   #1
(female)

skillet HB User
lower esophagus & stomach pain

I was diagnosed with gastritis and an ulcer at the very bottom of the esophagus last December via endoscopy. Since then i have been on a variety of PPIs and H2 antagonists, most prevent me from getting heartburn but the pain in my stomach has not subsided. Specifically there is pain when pushing on the center of the stomach just below the sternum, the doc indicated this was probably the esophagus since it is so high.

We've done barium swallow to check for any kind of stones/lumps, ultrasound for galbladder kidneys, hida scan for galbladder functionality, blood test for pancreas enzymes...the whole kaboodle came back "absolutely normal". I tried a 24-hour Ph test but was only able to keep it in about 3 hours due to pain, supposedly those 3 hours were normal but I have my doubts since the nurses had quite a bit of trouble getting it situated.The endoscopy biopsy said i did not have H-Pylori.

Can anyone think of what could still be causing my pain? I take oral contraceptives has anyone heard of that causing gastritis? Once in a while I get a lumpy feeling in the throat or a funny taste, which sounds to me like I'm still getting some reflux? What do you do if the PPIs aren't enough?

Thanks to anyone who has ideas!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread