It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2005, 02:33 PM   #1
(female)

4dad HB User4dad HB User
Strange stomach noise

Hi,

Has anyone ever heard of noises that happen only when one is in a certain position? Sometimes depending on how I'm sitting or standing, my stomach makes a very strange deep creaking sound. As long as I breath in and out it does it. Then if I move positions it stops. It is very loud and strange!

Thanks for any help. I'm getting my small and large intestine looked at for other problems but forgot to mention to my doctor about this strange noise. I think it happens more when I'm hungry.

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
(female)

jinx-E HB User
Re: Strange stomach noise

Kind of strange topic, but I hear you.

I just had my gallbladder removed 2-1/2 weeks ago. For a week and a half, I noticed that my left side of intestines/stomach would gurggle. I usually only noticed it when sitting and or lying in bed. I could hear it as plain as can be and felt it every time I breathed in and out. It was the weirdest sensation and feeling I've ever experienced with my body. Gurggle-gurggle!!!

I told the surgeon about it and he thought I was nuts. He said it could be gas in the intestines....(?)......well, I haven't noticed it since. Hopefully yours will go away also.

Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
(female)

4dad HB User4dad HB User

Thank you! It happened again today and my friend heard it and so did my husband. I just breathed in and out so they could hear it. It doesn't seem to hurt and it happens on my left side I think where my stomach starts. My husband said it sounds like gas and my friend said the same but that is very deep and strange. My husband doesn't seem concerned and my friend said to record it for my doctor! I've complained of so much to my doctor I'm afraid he will not believe it! I'm scheduled for a CT scan (abdominal and pelvic) on Monday but I don't know if it will show my stomach. I'm also going for a colonoscopy but haven't scheduled that yet. My lower pain of which is the reason these tests has subsided. My GYN said it is from hormones but the GI wanted to do tests just to be sure since my father has Stage III colon cancer. This noise is something else though that I didn't bring up at my consult. It doesn't happen all of the time and I'm trying to figure out what causes it. It seems to happen when I'm hungry and drinking water mixed with cranberry. I've done that for years though and never had a problem. The only other change is sugar free gum with Sorbitol and I wondered if that sets it off. I also exercise and wonder if I'm hurting myself. I don't know!!! It is so strange...

Old 05-06-2005, 06:10 PM   #4
(female)

4dad HB User4dad HB User

By the way, thanks for relating to this very strange happening. Mine has been happening for a few months but not all of the time. And it is on the left side.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #5
(female)

jinx-E HB User

Mine was on the left side as well. I only had it the first week and a half after the gallbladder surgery. I haven't experienced it anymore. Let me know what you find out. I'm curious as well.

Good luck and Thanks!

Closed Thread