It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2005, 11:24 PM   #1
(male)

runDMC HB User
I get weak and dizzy if I dont eat

For the last couple of months now I have been getting very weak and dizzy if I go more than ten hours without eating food. I was with my grandmother driving to go to a restaurant that was about an hour away. I hadn't eaten anything all day and was pretty hungary. Half way there I became extremely dizzy and very weak, I thought I was going to die! We had to stop at the nearest store so I could get something to eat. Once I ate, I felt better but was very tired. I went to the doctor and got blood work done and they found nothing. In fact they say that I have panic dissorder. I do know that I am suffering from panic attacks because I have had a few in the last few months after eating. But I am concerned why I get weak and dizzy if I dont eat something. I was looking in to a condition called UC, ulceratic colitus, and have heard some people say they have these symptoms. Does this sound like that?

Old 05-06-2005, 05:37 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I get weak and dizzy if I dont eat

Sounds more like low blood sugar to me...not eating for 10 hours will lower your blood sugar no matter what. Eat more often! Even if just a small snack and see if that helps...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 09:30 AM   #3
(male)

runDMC HB User

That's what I thought too, but my mom is diabetic and has a blood sugar monitor and every time I feel weak and dizzy from not eating I check my blood sugar only to find that it is normal at around 118 to 129. I am concerned that this could be an ulcer because I remember these symptoms occuring after I took double the dose of aspirin one time.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:39 AM   #4
(male)

Nixona HB User

10 hours between meals is just asking for problems. Eat more often and see if you still have problems. If things persist, see a doctor and have them do a full panel of bloodwork.

Old 05-06-2005, 11:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb Re: I get weak and dizzy if I dont eat

It sounds like a glucose (blood sugar) problem either high or low can cause these symptoms. It could be a recent occurring problem because it is normal to go on a fast for 12 to 14 hours for many blood tests and other tests or surgeries.

You probably need to be checked out by a Doctor to find out what is going on??

Last edited by Harry; 05-06-2005 at 11:43 AM.

Closed Thread