It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2005, 09:05 AM   #1
(female)

CuriousJen HB User
Morning Gas?

Hey everyone,
Every morning, I wake up with gas, I think caused by having to use the restroom. I heard people who wake up with gas most likely have it in their sleep, too, since the body is more relaxed.

Anyway, my friends want to rent a summer cabin / share a room, and of course I'm really embarassed by this problem. What can I do to remedy this? Should I try laxatives an hour after dinner or so to switch my bowel movement schedule? Gas pills before bed? Both?

Any advice is appreciated - this is a big problem and I don't want it to ruin my cabin trip.

J

Old 06-24-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

actudan HB User
Re: Morning Gas?

If you are worried about gas while you sleep, I am not sure what to do about that. My four year old can poot up a storm while she sleeps. As for having morning gas while you are awake, I think that is normal. I have it myself and most of my friends take take their daily dump (sorry for the wording) in the morning which I am sure invlolves gas. If you are worried about early morning gas, I suggest getting up earlier than everyone else so you can relax and not worry about embarrassing yourself.

Also if you have gas in your sleep, good friends may poke fun about it but that's it. I can take light humor like that but if any friend made an issue of it, I would deffinetly have words. I guess I would take it more personal if someone had an issue to me having gas in my sleep. Like I could help it. I hope you have the sort of friends that wouldn't think nothing of it and let it be. It may not help you feel better because you may be thinking about it, but if nothing is said I think you will relax more. And if some light humor is made, you may feel better also. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2005, 12:06 PM   #3
(female)

CuriousJen HB User

I guess there's no way of telling if I have it in my sleep? I just know I do when I wake up. Maybe I'll try a pill before bed to see if it eliminates the gas in the morning.

Thanks for the advice.

J

Old 06-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

I get this and often when I wake up it's not only with gas, but a sore back that comes along with it. I imagine that's from holding it in while I'm sleeping.

The best thing to do would be not to eat any gas producing foods or like you mentioned, take beano or something before bed.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
(male)

parabellum HB User

I would suggest trying out probiotic and cholostrum to re populate your intestine with
the right kind of bacteria.

wrong kind of bacteria will produce a lot of gas.

you can get these at GNC or Wallmart relatively cheaply, and these are diatary supplements.

Old 06-30-2005, 06:56 AM   #6
(female)

CuriousJen HB User

Thanks - I'll look for those at WalMart!

Closed Thread