It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 05:34 PM   #1

losingmymind HB User
colonoscopy

Posting the same thread on different boards is not allowed!!!

moderator4

Last edited by moderator4; 07-16-2005 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Also posted on Bowel board--

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2005, 10:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: colonoscopy

Hi losingmymind,

I have had several colonoscopies. They are a very good diagnostic procedure to look and see if you have irritations and any polyps. They can also take biopsys while they are doing it. They will put in an IV and right before they start the procedure will shoot in meds to knock you out. They have always given me enuf meds. Just be sure to tell them to keep you knocked out! You will be mostly sleeping the rest of the day, so be sure and have a reliable person to drive you and listen to the Gastro. They should also give you a packet with pics and info on what was found (except any biopsies). This colonoscopy I am talking about is for the lower end. They also do endoscopies for your upper digestive system too.

Hope this helps. Wannabe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2005, 08:52 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User

I had a colonoscopy because it's recommended that you have your first around age 50, if you haven't had one before. It was a walk in the park! I don't remember anything. My husband had one, and when he felt some discomfort the doctor added more drug to the IV and he went out. His doctor said it was uncommon that he didn't go out right away. They don't want to work on you if you're uncomfortable, it makes their job harder. Good luck!

Old 07-16-2005, 09:33 PM   #4

Cobra Jet HB User

I had a colonoscopy Monday of this week at 10 am. I don't know what the doc used to knock me out. There were two injections in my IV. It was great, just like taking a nap. In about an hour I was awake and talking to the doc. My wife drove me out to lunch and then home. By mid-afternoon, I was out driving around town, although they told me not to. I was not groggy at all.

Old 07-16-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
(female)

kme1971 HB User
Smile Re: colonoscopy

I had a combo colonoscopy and endoscopy this past december. They gave me versed and fentanyl, both lovely meds. I remember them telling me that the doc would be in soon, then waking up with the nurse telling me to "release the gas" hehehe. I had no complications whatsoever (aside from NSAID induced colitis)

Closed Thread