It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2005, 04:26 PM   #1

surfgirls HB User
Question Hunger Pains after eating

So lately after I eat I get hunger pains. It feels like I'm hungry, but I know I'm not. I think, if only my stomach would growl I would feel better. I do feel better when my stomach growls/rumbles. It feels like it almost relaxes. The pain is located above my bellybutton and below my rib cage. Sometimes I eat again and it may/maynot help. Any thoughts???? please....

Old 07-17-2005, 03:21 AM   #2
(male)

greep HB User
Re: Hunger Pains after eating

hey I get the same thing, too! I'm not a doc or anything, so I'd just guess you got really bad gas, but that's only if that's the ONLY eating problem you got. As for me, I've lost 15 pounds in three weeks from whatever's wrong with me, and your symptom is one of mine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2005, 09:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi surfgirls,

They say that hunger pains after you eat and are full, sometimes means you could have an ulcer. Of course, I have Am hungry all the time and I do not have an ulcer any more. But I do have gastritis and heartburn. Maybe that has something to do with it?! If it keeps bothering you, go and see a gastro dr.

Hope this helps some. Wannabe

Old 07-17-2005, 10:12 AM   #4

surfgirls HB User

thank you for your comments. I went to a gastro dr a few years ago and i had an endoscopy done and he diagonosed me with gastritis and gerd. i also have a hiatal hernia, very small. i guess this might have something to do with it. is there anything anyone has found that has helped relieved these hunger pains. like i said, sometimes eating helps, but sometimes not!
thanks everyone!!

Old 07-17-2005, 05:53 PM   #5
(male)

greep HB User

ack, didn't think it was that bad for you . Well eating really easily digestible stuff works for me, like cottage cheese, crackers, gatorade, and no soda, heavily acidic, or meaty foods. This helps stop the pain from occuring. How to stop the pain if it arises I couldn't tell ya, I'm working on that too

Old 07-17-2005, 07:06 PM   #6
(female)

Dee77 HB User

gasritis causes weight loss?? I have the weigth loss too.

Old 07-17-2005, 10:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi again surfgirls,

My hunger pains do not hurt. Maybe you could try Pepcid Complete and/or Sucralfate (it coats your stomach). Or try something like yogurt or Danactive. It does not sound like hunger pains, it sounds like you need a med. Are you taking Protonix, Prevacid, or Nexium? That might help?!

Hope you feel better. Wannabe

Old 07-19-2005, 08:49 PM   #8
(male)

greep HB User

just how new is this "false" hunger anyways? I've had this for just a little over a month, and they just did a cat scan on me yesterday to find out I've got divurticulitus (sp?). I think it'd be a good idea to get a checkup with a G.I. Doctor soon if you haven't. I've read up on my thing, and it says if it ain't treated your whole abdomen could get infected, but it goes away right away if treated early. Not sayin' you got it, but I feel exactly the same way you do after eating. If you're shitting fine you're prolly good, tho, I haven't crapped right in weeks :O

Old 07-19-2005, 08:54 PM   #9
(male)

greep HB User

Oh and Dee77, I don't have gastritis, I worded my first post kinda badly . I meant that I have the same hunger pains not the gastritis. But I'm guessing gastritis causes weight losss ANWYAYS hehe.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:55 PM   #10
(female)

runforfun21 HB User

Hello all,
I just joined this health board tonight. I was doing some research on some of the stomach symptoms I am having and came across your entries. Surfgirl, my situation sounds VERY similar to yours. I had an endoscopy done and the gastro said I have a small hiatal hyrnia and that I have inflammation in my espophagus area. My main complaint is HUNGER too!!! I have this horrible hunger feeling even after I eat. I have a few questions for you....how old are you? and how long have you had the hunger symptoms? I am 25 and I have had this going on for the past 7 months. I have tried Nexium and Prevacid, and also carafate, but nothing seems to help. It is very discouraging. I would appreciate any help!!!

Last edited by runforfun21; 08-02-2005 at 08:21 AM.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:22 AM   #11

surfgirls HB User

hey runforfun21,
i am 26 and the hunger pains started about 3 years ago, but went away for a while. i used to get them only when i laid down. they went away for about a year and a half, and came back about 3-4 months ago. i must note, that i don't have them everyday, which is weird. sometimes i try to eat when i get them, but sometimes the time is not good to eat. i'm on aciphex aswell. i also have a small hiatal hernia and inflammation. i had my gallbladder tested and it is not functioning up to par, but i don't know if this is part of the problem. yes...we should try to help each other!!

Old 08-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #12
(female)

runforfun21 HB User

Thanks for writing. I have stopped all medication up to date, bc it doesnt seem to be doing anything for me. How long have you been on achiphex and does it help you????I tested negative for Ciliacs disease, but I am trying a gluten free diet this week. I am willing to try anything at this point. I am currently charting all of my meals and my symptoms throughout the day. I dont know if it has anything to do with my menstrual cycle, but I have always gotten ridiculously painful cramps....any history of that with you? I want this solved! I am a teacher and go back to school in a month and do not want this still going on!

Old 08-02-2005, 04:21 PM   #13

surfgirls HB User

i am a teacher too. having these ailments makes it really difficult to be up and active all day with the children. i have been on achiphex for about 2 years. it helps me, but sometimes i don't take it and i can tell. on really bad days sometimes i take a half of prilosec in the afternoon or a tums. i tend to find that my symptoms flair up around my menstrual cycle. i used to take advil for cramps, but that upsets/inflames my stomach so i don't take it unless i ABSOLUTELY have to. i sometimes get hormonal migraines around that time and take imitrex, but that is similar to advil (only stronger) and it can cause inflammation too. has your doctor tested you (blood test) for gluten?

Old 08-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #14
(female)

runforfun21 HB User

Yes, my doctor did do a blood test for gluten, and it came back negative, but I still wanted to give it a try. Maybe it is some kind of allergy to something else like corn? I have no clue. COuld the hunger issue just be due to the hiatal hyrnia? Sorry so many questions, I am just really fed up!

Old 08-02-2005, 06:29 PM   #15

surfgirls HB User

i'm not sure if the hunger issue is related to the hernia. do you have it all the time, every time after eating? i have questions too, i think it is good to hear someone else has the same issues as me. i'm fed up too. does eating relieve it?

Closed Thread