It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2005, 02:10 AM   #1

geraw HB User
Is lemon juice good for stomach ulcer????

Mr. Kloss explains how lemon juice can even help someone with stomach ulcers:

“How can one with an inflamed or ulcerated stomach partake in the juice? Would not a strong acid like that of the lemon act as an irritant? That would depend on how it was taken. If in quantity, yes. But to take it very weak at first [diluted sufficiently in water], it will cease to burn. The sufferer afflicted with ulcerated stomach has to use great perseverance to affect a cure, and it can be cured if care and patience is used. The gastric juice in the stomach is four times as strong as lemon juice.”

In these cases, I recommend one to two tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel before the lemon water. Taking 500 mg. of Bromelin has also proven to be helpful.

is above all ture?

Old 07-30-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Is lemon juice good for stomach ulcer????

I don't believe your message!!

85% of ulcers are caused by H.pylori bacteria that take an antibiotic and an acid inhibiter to get rid of --- this is well documented!!

The other 15% or so is caused by irritants like medication-- even asprin and needs a low stomach acid environment for these type to heal..

If you had a sore or wound on your skin -- do you really think putting lemon juice that is very acidic on it would help???
I don't think so---

God Bless---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2005, 04:27 PM   #3
(female)

health-junkie HB User

I am not sure about the lemon juice. Wouldn't it just make the pain worse for those who have ulcers? Obviously, I can't be certain as I am not sure what the original poster is referring to but my understanding is that anyone who has anything like stomach ulcer might be in total agony from taking lemon juice. My husband doesn't have an ulcer (thank God) but he has hyperacidic gastritis which is inflamed stomach lining due to high stomach acid. It's better now but I remember when it was bad, he sometimes would drink just a glass of orange or apple juice and would be in complete agony for at least 2 hours. Stomach in spasms and he unable to do anything apart from roll around on the floor doubled over in pain. Bearing this in mind, I am not sure what lemon juice could do to those with ulcers seeing as it's much stronger than commercial orange / apple juice and ulcers are much more painful than gastritis. If anyone is to take the advice of original poster re lemon juice and ulcers, please, be careful and consult your doctors. Hope you are all well.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:11 PM   #4

geraw HB User

Yes, I am also doubt about that ,regarding it as a paradox at first. I 've had ulcer for couples of yrs and experienced the pain every time after having grape,orange etc.
BUT SOME POINTS METIONED BY MR.CLOSS DREW MY ATTENTION:
"If in quantity"
"The gastric juice in the stomach is four times as strong as lemon juice"

I suppose that the weak lemon juice would let your stomach in weak acid condition,so your stomach could get accustomed to acid. As for the 2 types of the ulcers as mentioned by Harry, if one ulcer's stomach get used to being in acid state(as one who has no ulcer),will it be ture that the ulcer would not be caused by the H.pylori bacteria or not easily irritated by medication like aspinin?
ANYHOW, I will have an "accurate" try

Old 08-01-2005, 06:37 AM   #5
(female)

yock HB User

I started drinking the juice of 1/2 a lemon in warm water 3x a week. I knew I already have a very acidic stomach and after reading some posts, thought it would help with the acidity. Boy was I wrong. My stomach burned SO BAD throughout the day after drinking the lemon juice, it was painful. I stopped drinking the lemon juice and the burning went away. Guess the lemon juice thing wasn't for me.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:44 PM   #6

geraw HB User

Hi ,Yock,I am afraid that 1/2 a lemon must be too much for your acidic stomach!!!!I bought some fresh lemons and only use a little slice of it in water, I did not feel in agony till now.

Closed Thread