It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2005, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

Ashleykissez HB User
Stomach hurts after I eat...

I'm a 20 year old female. I'm not allergic to any foods, I've never had heartburn or any kind of burping problems. I don't eat greasy food. But for the past 2 weeks, everytime I eat a meal or a large snack my stomach will hurt. It's not any kind of sharp painful stomach cramps. It is more of a full, bloated, nervous feeling kind of stomach ache. Kind of like I have to go to the bathroom, but I really don't. My lower back has had much pain to for a few months now. I'm not sure if it's my mattress or something is wrong. Anyone know anything? Please help!

The following user gives a hug of support to Ashleykissez:
iluvmea (01-25-2011)
Old 08-02-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
(female)

carebear08 HB User
Re: Stomach hurts after I eat...

Hey there, I can't give you any advice because I just (finally) went to the doctor after 3 months of very similar pains/discomfort. I gave blood this morning, have a CT scan tomorrow - and have an appointment with a GASTRO next Monday - my GYNE thinks there are two possible causes (or both).. One is a digestive disorder like ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease and the other is endometriosis...
Do your pains become worse after eating food? Does your back pain become worse during your menstration? And... not trying to be gross: when you do have a bowel movement, is it normal color/shape/consistency?
BTW: I'm a 27 year old female
Like I said, I'm not much help - but we may be dealing with the same situation... I would definitely recommend getting to a doctor to make sure there isn't anything serious going on...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2005, 10:22 AM   #3
(female)

Teacher_Lady HB User

could be ulcer or gallbladder issue. ask your dr. for blood work and an ultrasound. i had all ur symptoms and i just got my gallbladder removed 3 months ago.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Johna HB User

I agree with Teacher Lady, my symptoms were similiar to yours. My stomach hurt when it was full and sometimes emptied. The pain was located to the right of the sertum. I had six uclers and didn't realize it until they started to bleed. If you ever have blood coming out of you that looks like coffee grounds go to the hospital. Take care.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #5
(male)

dantheman00 HB User

I had the symptoms of pains in my stomach after eating as well. I went to the doctor and they did a blood test and it came back negative and then she asked if i consumed alot of caffine especcially Mt. Dew. At that time i would drink a few cans a day and she said to cut down on caffine especially Mt. Dew. I did and a few days later the pain stopped. She also said it was probably heartburn starting in the stomach caused by the caffine and food triggers it. Since then i have cut down on soft drinks and drink more water. Made me realize soft drinks are bad for you.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
(female)

LittleNicole HB User
Question Re: Stomach hurts after I eat...

hi. im only 14 and after every time i eat i feel sick to my stomach and then i need to use the restroom...i eat pepto bismol like u wouldnt believe and its really starting to scare me now..if any1 has anything to say can u plzzzz tell me! thanks for ur time reading it

Old 08-31-2008, 12:33 AM   #7
(female)

Lords HB User
Question Re: Stomach hurts after I eat...

For the last few weeks, on and off. I've been feeling sick after I eat as well! My upper stomach hurts, I feel like I'm going to vomet(but I dont) I get hot and cold flashes and my low back hurts , alot! Whats goin on!? I eat really healthy, I consume a little caffine and or something carbonated daily. I've take antacids and pepto.. it hasn't helped much. I've had 2 episodes today and the one I'm going through right now is prob the worst yet. What can I do to ease the symptoms?

Old 06-10-2009, 01:31 AM   #8
(female)

helpmepwease HB User

For the past week every time I eat a big meal, my stomach will slowly start to hurt afterwards. It's not a painful hurt, it's more of a nauseated hurt. I can snack throughout the day and be fine it's just when I eat main meals. It's gotten to a point now that at night I can't even sleep and I cry because when I lay down on my side I feel like I'm going to vomit and when I lay on my back it's just uncomfortable. The ONLY way I can get rid of the pain it seems is if I distract my mind away from it [i.e watching tv or just being on the computer] but as soon as I stop the pain comes back and I can't sleep. What can I do to make this stop? It's really effecting my sleep and I'm desperate to find a cure.

I thought that simple cures like drinking something carbonated or ginger ale, nibbling on crackers or drinking water would help and it did for a time but even that has stopped working. I've tried using pepto but it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by helpmepwease; 06-10-2009 at 01:33 AM. Reason: forgot to add important information

Old 06-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

I had my gallbladder removed but my symptoms were sharp pain under the right rib. I feel tired and irritable. I noticed when I ate a fatty meal I had to run to the bathroom. Got so bad I drove to the er and I found out I had stones. I would go to the doctor and get their recommendation.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
(female)

*DottieGirl* HB User

Your stomach hurts after you eat because you need digestive enzymes. My stomach used to hurt too every time I ate something, but once I started taking enzymes I was fine. The older you get, the more your body stops producing these natural digestive enzymes.

Closed Thread