It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2005, 10:19 PM   #1
(male)

kv2 HB User
feeling full after little food and lots of gas

Ok this is the second time basically the exact same thing happened to me. I'll describe the scenario.

I am perfectly fine during the day. I eat something for dinner at 6pm. Food feels like it didn't even digest by bed time at 1am. At night i try to go to sleep and wake up couple hours later in the middle of the night, dizzy, feeling nauseated, feeling of throwing up, feeling like a heavy fever. day comes and I am sitting in my desk chair or couch all day trying to sleep and not do anything. end of fever.

next couple days when I eat, I feel full really fast and only have to eat very little. i eat a small plate of leftover spaghetti, hardly a meal, at 3pm and I am full until like 12am. Throughout the day my lower abdomen area, intenstines im guessing, constantly has movement and noises, and I constantly have gas.

this basic scenario happened twice already. First time being late June and second time this past weekend. The fullness feeling went away after the first time but now it's back again after this second time. I have no stomach pains and no blood in stool. I don't have regular bowel movements though, and the size/shape of the stool is always thin, ever since this problem happened.

anyone have any clue what is going on? any help appreciated.

Old 10-19-2005, 07:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: feeling full after little food and lots of gas

It sounds like a condition where the food you eat does not move through your digestive system like it's suppose to -- one such condition is called gastroparesis.

Or it could be a blockage of food that is partially digesested or not digested that collects as a solid mass in your intestines that just don't let other food pass readily-- called Bezoars and X-rays sometime mistake them as a tumor!!

At any rate I think you need to see a Doctor!!

God Bless---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2005, 10:38 AM   #3
(female)

sorrel2 HB User

My gastroenterologist told me that, in addition to what Harry mentioned, other causes of this "fullness" problem are GERD and gallstones. The feeling of fullness is sometimes the only symptom of these conditions.

Anyway, definitely see a gastroenterologist. I have problems too with extreme fullness, and it has gotten progressively worse, so the sooner you start having tests, the better. Good luck.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:29 PM   #4
(male)

kv2 HB User

yea i went to one of those stomach doctors a month after this occured the first time.

Since I am 20 years old, the doc told me that an endoscopy procedure is rarely done on people my age. Basically he told me to try and eat more fiber by taking pills and see if my stool size returns to normal. If it is some form of blockage of the digestive tract then my stool will always be thin. But i think maybe once or twice my stool was a little more "normal" than usual but it only happened maybe twice.

I'll continue to see what happens..

Old 10-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

I have alot of the same symptoms as you and I have gastritis (which is inflammation of the stomach lining). It can cause that "full" feeling after only a few bites. I would desribe it as a "being kicked in the stomach" feeling when I press around the area. It can also cause vomiting, nausea and bloating.
Also, you should still see about having an endoscopy done. I was only 25 and had to have one done for ongoing stomach issues. I don't really think there is an age limit to having one done. Another test would be a Gastric Emptying Scan to see how fast/slow your food digests.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:33 PM   #6
(female)

madfem HB User

While you are at the doctor's ask to have a thyroid test. I had all your symptoms, feeling full after a few mouthfuls of food and full of trapped wind. I had to keep burping as it was the only thing which alleviated the nausea which used to wake me up in the middle of the night. I couldn't even walk around for about 2 hours after eating as the food seemed to sit in my stomach and refused to digest. Also I took copious amounts of antacids to bring up the wind, which caused watery diarrohea. My thyroid was on the high side of normal (underactive thyroid) when I had a test and within three months it had expired. I also gave up cigarettes at the time when I felt the most horrible, smoking took in so much extra air when I was so totally stressed out. My endoscopy came back clear, not even a small hiatus hernia which I was told I had from a previous endoscopy about 15 years ago. Anyway to get back to the point, after starting on thyroid tablets my stomach returned to pretty much normal within 5 days. So just ask the doc when you see him/her. My doctor said that my system had slowed down so much that it also affected the gastrointestinal tract which had also slowed right down. Good luck.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

I just had my thyroid tested yesterday (along with a dozen other tests) and am waiting for the results. I have been dizzy, tired like you wouldn't believe, cold hands and feet, horrible digestion/gastritis that doesn't seem to respond to any mediations, weight loss and alternating constipation/diarrhea. Thyroid problems do run in my family so that makes me wonder even more if that is what has been my problem all along??!! It all started while I was pregnant with my son almost 2 years ago.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:20 AM   #8
(female)

madfem HB User

Yes, Diamond. Just read in a womens magazine that pregnancy can bring on a type of thyroid problem that many misdiagnose as post natal depression, particularly with the tiredness. Sounds like some of the symptoms I had, particularly the tiredness and the gastric problems. I also was freezing cold in summer and had dry skin, as well as slurred speech! It has many weird symptoms. Sometimes the pregnancy type of thyroid can disappear on its own in due course after the appropriate thyroid medication is taken. Hope all goes well. Perhaps a simple little tablet can make all the difference!!

Closed Thread