It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2005, 11:34 AM   #1

athiena35 HB User
How often are people suppose to go poop

Im just curious because I started having a ache in my lower right back Tuesday. Which made me pay attention to my bowl movements for some reason. The fact that I wasn't having any I don't no if I had one on Mon. or not but I started counting on Tues. None on Tues. or Wed. or Thanksgiving Thurs. I finally had a little one Fri. at 5:00.pm And now its Sun and have not had anymore. Dose this seem normal. I don't feel constipated or have any feeling like I need to go at all. Fri. I did start feeling sick with the chills and temperature. Dose any body have an opinion on this. I would appreciate it.
By the way Im 39 female and had my gallbladder out in July if that helps

Thanks

Old 11-27-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User
Re: How often are people suppose to go poop

I go "poop" once every week or two. I've been told this is not normal. I've been told you are supposed to go AT LEAST once per day which I find unbelievable. I do not have that much in me to go that often.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

how often you should go depends on the person.. some go every day, I go once every 2 or 3 days (I've gone longer.. especially when traveling I can go a week without one). It's possible you are simply not eating enough fiber and may need to take a fiber supplement to encourage more than once a week. I would think you would at least want to go twice a week. What would probably be more of a concern is if your schedule changes from what is your usual.. If you have always gone only once a week, then that may be what is normal for you! If you go from once every other day to once a week, then I would be more concerned.

Last edited by wakkochic17; 11-27-2005 at 03:47 PM.

Old 11-27-2005, 10:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Post Re: How often are people suppose to go poop

You are considered Constipated if you donot have a BM at least every 3 days.

To make your intestines function like they are suppose to a person need to intake 25 to 35 grams of fiber daily and drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.
It needs to be a combination of both insoluble fiber and soluble fiber. Soluble fiber absorbs fluid and bulks up your stool and insoluble fiber absorbs very little fluid but makes your intestinal muscles contract and move digested food through for a BM!

Insoluble fiber is most fruits, veggies including greens, wheat bran, nuts and seeds. Fibercon does not absorb water so is considered an insoluble fiber.

Soluble fiber is mostly grains except the outer husk like rice, corn, oats ,barley, rye, wheat -- beans & peas w/o the husk-- the husks are insoluble, --- root veggies like potatoes, carrots, beets, turnips. Also, the fiber psyllium that is in Metamucil, Konsyl, Equate Brand from Wal Mart. Also.Citrucel & Benefiber.

All Meats & seafood and all dairy products contain NO fiber.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 11-27-2005 at 10:03 PM.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:40 PM   #5

athiena35 HB User

Thanks for the input I do have a bad diet. Im going to make an effort to get more fiber and water in my diet as opposed to to much Pepsi. I can imagine Im walking around with a whole weeks worth of food in my body and nothings coming out I definitly want to help the process.

Closed Thread