It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2005, 04:40 AM   #1
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 66
overloaded HB User
Sore stomach in the mornings...

Hello,


This only happens when I wake up..
I feel like I have a sore stomach...and as soon as I drink or eat something its gone...
This is happening as long as I can remember ..
I guess it is something that has to do with acid?
Anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks

 
Old 12-06-2005, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA USA
Posts: 781
Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User
Re: Sore stomach in the mornings...

I would get checked for h. pylori. You could have an ulcer as the stomach usually feels better with something in it with an ulcer. It just may not be enough to wake you up.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 12-07-2005, 05:35 AM   #3
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 66
overloaded HB User
Re: Sore stomach in the mornings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyondweller
I would get checked for h. pylori. You could have an ulcer as the stomach usually feels better with something in it with an ulcer. It just may not be enough to wake you up.
Hello, I guess it only happens when I lie down and sleep...
Do I need to see a regular doctor or someone special ?
I am leaving on vacation next tuesday therefor I dont have that much time..
maybe try something from the pharmacy or go to a general clinic and ask to give me something against h. pylori ?

 
Old 12-07-2005, 01:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA USA
Posts: 781
Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User
Re: Sore stomach in the mornings...

They can't give you something for it. It has to be checked by blood sample, stool, biopsy or breath test and if positive you have to go on a 2 week medicine program of antibiotics and a acid inhibitor. No time to do it before you go. Any Dr. can order the test but it is best treated by a gastroenterolgist. In the meantime you can take Prilosec which you can get at the drug store. Take it before bed and see if it helps with the acid. It is a good drug for that but as soon as you can see a Dr. when you get home. Stay away from chocolate, alchohol and mint as that relaxes the valve that lest the stomach acid back up. Ease up on dairy, also. Maybe you can get thru you trip with minimal discomfort with the Prilosec but you need to see someone eventually as it can become more serious.

 
Old 12-07-2005, 02:48 PM   #5
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 66
overloaded HB User
Re: Sore stomach in the mornings...

hello again...

Seen a doc today... he said the symptoms are very strange since it only lasts 2 minutes and only in the morning... but once I get up its all good.
He gave me for free 1 package for two weeks PANTOLOC ( Protonix in USA )
He said that eliminates any types of ulcers and kills H.Pylori. I will try it out and if it works and removes that sore stomach feeling which i have every morning then he will give me for 2 weeks more if not then he will send me to see a gastro
specialist..
He also said since im leaving he doesnt have time for the H.Pylori test he wants me to call him after vacation to let him know if everything is ok or he will send me for that test and gimme a mix of antibiotics and anti acids if test is positive..

thanks again

 
Old 12-07-2005, 06:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA USA
Posts: 781
Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User
Re: Sore stomach in the mornings...

Glad that you followed up. The only thing that eliminates pylori is a combination of two antibiotics double dose and Prevacid all given for the same two weeks. Sometimes they use Pepto instead of the Prevacid. The Protonix will help with acid reflux but it will not heal the h. pylori. Wish that were true as it would be easier. You should see some relief it is just acid reflux. Most of us have the h. pylori bacteria in us, it just doesn't always come forth for everyone. Have fun on your trip and if that doesn't help then get the test. It is easy. Glad you saw Dr.

 
Old 12-07-2005, 06:48 PM   #7
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 66
overloaded HB User
Re: Sore stomach in the mornings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyondweller
Glad that you followed up. The only thing that eliminates pylori is a combination of two antibiotics double dose and Prevacid all given for the same two weeks. Sometimes they use Pepto instead of the Prevacid. The Protonix will help with acid reflux but it will not heal the h. pylori. Wish that were true as it would be easier. You should see some relief it is just acid reflux. Most of us have the h. pylori bacteria in us, it just doesn't always come forth for everyone. Have fun on your trip and if that doesn't help then get the test. It is easy. Glad you saw Dr.

Is it possible to only have ulcer without having pylori ?

Thanks

 
Old 12-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA USA
Posts: 781
Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User
Re: Sore stomach in the mornings...

Yes, you can get an ulcer from NSAID meds like Motrin. If you only have it at night it probably is not an ulcer. It could be that it is only acid reflux. I think if it was an ulcer you would have the feeling at other times when your stomach was empty but still good to check it out. It doesn't sound like it is an emergency so see how the Protonix works. If that doesn't work for you. (it didnt for me) try either Prilosec over the counter or try one of the other PPI drugs. Regardless of what the Drs. say they are not all the same. Some work much better for some people than others. I can take Prevacid or Nexium but no Protonix. They are prescription though. Prilosec is available everywhere and is excellent. Same as Nexium with one less ingredient.

Last edited by Canyondweller; 12-07-2005 at 10:08 PM. Reason: add info

 
Old 12-08-2005, 04:33 AM   #9
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 66
overloaded HB User
Re: Sore stomach in the mornings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyondweller
Yes, you can get an ulcer from NSAID meds like Motrin. If you only have it at night it probably is not an ulcer. It could be that it is only acid reflux. I think if it was an ulcer you would have the feeling at other times when your stomach was empty but still good to check it out. It doesn't sound like it is an emergency so see how the Protonix works. If that doesn't work for you. (it didnt for me) try either Prilosec over the counter or try one of the other PPI drugs. Regardless of what the Drs. say they are not all the same. Some work much better for some people than others. I can take Prevacid or Nexium but no Protonix. They are prescription though. Prilosec is available everywhere and is excellent. Same as Nexium with one less ingredient.
Thanks once again for all the info...
Last night my mom told me to put 2 spoons of honey inside milk..
microvawe it for 1 minute mix it all and drink..
this morning I wake up and almost no soreness.
and also took the first pill because they say only in the mornings.

 
Old 12-08-2005, 02:30 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA USA
Posts: 781
Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User
Re: Sore stomach in the mornings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by overloaded
Thanks once again for all the info...
Last night my mom told me to put 2 spoons of honey inside milk..
microvawe it for 1 minute mix it all and drink..
this morning I wake up and almost no soreness.
and also took the first pill because they say only in the mornings.
I am glad that works for you but I have heard it only covers up symptoms. It used to be when you had an ulcer they would have you drink alot of milk and pure cream. They had my mother on that for two weeks and she kept getting worse. Now they know why. Now they tell you to totally eliminate all milk products as it soothes you but causes bad acid problems and then problems with the lactic acid in the end making it worse. So I would not do that habitually. Think you would be better to take something like Maalox Max. Hate to disagree with Mom but I just went over this very thing with gastro Dr. again today. Hopefully, the Protonix will help. I know people that take it at night but I would think in the AM would be best at least an hour before you eat anything. Sometime people even take a Pepcid at night when they take one of the PPI's like Protonix. Glad you got some relief. I did just read that ulcer symptoms are worse at night. If I drank a glass of milk I would bloat up so bad I couldn't walk.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Stomach Problems for 4 years... heejinssi General Health 0 03-02-2010 02:19 PM
My back is sore shady123 Back Problems 7 06-21-2008 05:43 AM
sore throat for seven days SentenceDoing General Health 2 05-29-2008 08:19 AM
Empty Stomach and Anxiety ocdengineer Anxiety 14 02-19-2007 05:59 AM
Sore Abdomen/Stomach? FrustratedMe Digestive Disorders 1 03-07-2006 10:57 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



janewhite1 (20), bluepumkin (18), solofelix (15), Harry (13), Titchou (8), flipfleury (8), ladybud (7), MountainReader (7), jmarple (6), rufous57 (5)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1136), MSJayhawk (941), Apollo123 (858), janewhite1 (823), Titchou (772), Gabriel (743), ladybud (667), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (655), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:42 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!