It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2005, 11:48 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User
Unhappy Very weird problem

I don't understand what is happening to me.. I already have some minor heart issues and now my stomach seems to be going crazy on me. For the last few weeks I have had an issue with volcanic stomach churning , a really bad feeling in my stomach and chest of gas buildup and its real weird. I can feel it bubbling in my stomach all the way up to my chest..if i tap my chest area i feel inside the gas being all shook up lol. I can't explain this well. I have had reflux and a Hietal Hernia for years now and take nexium every day but something has changed. I just had an endoscopy about 5 months ago and all was fine. What could have happened , I just went on a diet and lost 20 lbs or so and did start eating a ton of fiber but this seems like a weird issue and now that I have slowed down on the fiber its not getting any better. This problem is also robbing me of sleep as once I wake up in the middle of the night the churning and volcanic type feeling in my stomach and the bubbling near my heart feels very uncomfortable and makes me feel like its affecting my hearts rhythm which I already have a problem with ( PVC's and sometimes worse ). I am going to the stomach doctor on monday but Im kinda scared on why this is happening. I am paranoid that its cancer or something. I have no trouble going to the bathroom but I go a lot less since my diet. Any ideas?

Old 12-18-2005, 03:43 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User
Re: Very weird problem

Guess no one here has had this particular issue , oh well I guess I will get some insight tomorrow when I go to the doctors office.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2005, 10:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Hi Lutheran,
THe stomach problems --- sounds sorta like gastritis-- stomach inflammation.

And, the heart irregularities with PVCs sound like an inflammation of the vagus nerve.

I found that PPIs did not help either.
I ended up talking Masic Gum for gastritis and a very bland diet for vagus nerve inflammation.

I wish you well~~~Harry

Old 12-19-2005, 12:21 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User

Thanks Harry , that was my guess too but I will see what the doctor says today and report back here.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #5
(male)

fry HB User

That's a bit uncanny!

I get VERY similar symptoms. I've been suffering from missed heartbeats now for a couple of years and never been able to pinpoint anything that causes it (probably because I get worried when it happens and it's difficult to adopt a scientific approach when you're worried) but I've always thought that there was gurgling at the top of my stomach or what felt like in my chest!?!?

Thinking this was completely insane I dismissed it because I couldn't associate gurgling, or in other words wind/gas with heart interupptions.

I'm still a little unsure but as time goes by I'm noticing more and more that I DO get a bubbling feeling (ie air/gas going through a pipe) just before or at the same time as I get a missed heartbeat!!!

I'm positive that if I went to the doctors and mentioned this he'd think I was mad!!

I realise this is an old thread but are you still around and about and did you get any further with your doctor???

Cheers

Pete

Old 06-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

dogangel HB User

Hi i have the same symptoms , with the bubbling you mention , but also i feel like my heart is going to stop or the heart skips, sometimes i feel as for a second or two i cant breath, or i am out of breath a little, I worry it might be serious ...

Last edited by dogangel; 06-19-2006 at 12:32 PM.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #7
(female)

DaniB HB User

I get the SAME problem! I've noticed that my heart does irregular beats once in a blue moon for many years - im not imagining it, its happened often enough to know the difference. For the last while, I cant tell how long, Ive had this same bubbling problem, perhaps a skipped beat, and a definate feeling of not being able to breath while its happening (I think this part is psychological, cause it feels like something bad is about to happen to my heart but never does).
I'm worried its something serious now that its been happening all day everyday every minute or two (ive been timing it) and Im going to the doctors, but until now have been scared that theyd laugh at me. ill let everyone know what they say.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:58 AM   #8
(male)

fry HB User

Hi DaniB

Yes please let us know as soon as you have been to the doctors.

Are you in the US or the UK (I am in the UK) as the doctors may have a different approach in the US.

All the best

Pete

Closed Thread