It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
(male)

ImBob HB User
I Can't Digest Food

Whenever I do any sort of physical activity with any food in my stomach, it feels like the food expands. I can feel the food in my esophagus and I nearly throw up multiple times. If I don't take Pepcid Complete (which I don't want to take any more), I continue to have this problem the rest of the day with every meal that I eat regardless of whether or not I do any more physical activity. The only way I've found to get rid of this is to not do any physical activity for at least 3 or 4 hours after I've eaten, and sometimes that isn't even enough. A couple of weeks back, I was at a pool party and we ate pizza and cookie cake. We jumped in the pool afterwards (it wouldn't have made any difference for me if I waited 30 minutes) and as soon as I started to move, I started having this problem again. It was horrible and it made me feel so sick. No one else there had this problem. Everyone I've ever talked to has never seen or heard of anything like this. Does anyone have any clue what it could be?

The Following User Says Thank You to ImBob For This Useful Post:
plants (03-12-2011)
Old 12-29-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: I Can't Digest Food

I am shocked that no one else ever heard of this!! That is so common!!! And depending how old you are it will get more common with age. You may have low stomach acid. Stomach acid aids the stomach in digesting food and if you don't have enough, that food will sit in the stomach and stagnate longer before emptying into the small intestine. And if you are taking TOO many antacids that could be another one of the problems, if your stomach acid is low and you are lowering it even more, you are going to be miserable. I am assuming it feels like the food is just rising up into your throat, and heaven for bid you'd bend over and have your mouth open you probably feel it will just sneak right up and out the mouth - right? Not a "vomiting" more like a baby spitting up. Or your lower esophalgeal sphincter could be weak and when you excercise or bend over the flap is flapping open and letting out stomach contents.. No you are NOT weird at all, it's just very annoying. What you can try is chewing "Big Red" gum. Cinnamon is nice on the stomach, and the gum chewing keeps acids down (provided you aren't about 60 years old and have GERD, then you need something stronger than a piece of Big Red!) But lay off any antacids for about 2 weeks, deal with the "reflux" and just see what happens. I hate to advise seeing a doctor because then you have all the medicines shoved down your throat that you don't want. Again, that is if you are young, but if you are older it would be good to have it checked out, because it's a lot harder to treat by yourself then. And for the record? There is NO way I can swim even a half hour after I eat! I get the reflux AND get nauseated!! In the summer I normally don't even eat lunch (I like to swim more than I like to eat!) Keep me posted (no pun intended )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
(female)

hibes HB User

i am in agony with my tummy, sometimes i cant breath, all i want to do is burp or fart...it is really painfull , the doctor has given me tablets , they work but i still smoke so that is not good i guess, if you find a cure please let me know asap
thank you

Old 12-30-2005, 04:24 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

gort HB User

When you eat protein and then sugar right after, it causes indigestion. Try not to eat desert to soon after a meal. Eating something raw like carrot sticks or celery with every meal will provide digestive enzymes to aid in breaking down cooked food, which contain no live enzymes because heat kills them. Digestive enzymes and acidophilus (good bacteria) sold in health stores and some drug stores also solve the problem. Raw (unpasteurized) apple cider vinegar sprinkled on food, or drinking a teaspoon in a glass of water before a meal will prevent indigestion. If taking with meals is inconvenient, many people have the diluted mixture before breakfast every day to prevent the problem. My stomach used to balloon up with every meal until I discovered the healing enzymes of raw cider vinegar. A month's dose of acidophilus capsules will do a lot to eliminate gas pains and bowel problems whether it is too hard or too loose.

Closed Thread