It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Gastritis sufferer who needs advice/help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
desml
(female)

desml HB User
Arrow Gastritis sufferer who needs advice/help

I just discovered this board. I was diagnosed last October by endoscopy to have chronic active gastritis. My stomach problems began almost a year ago and last Summer was thought to have gallbladder problems and had gallbladder removed. Ever since, I have had constant gnawing pain right under mid breast bone and it is really severe in the mornings. As soon as I eat something it is better. But, lately, seems if I eat or not my stomach still hurts and feels irritated. I have been taking Nexium for this since October and it doesn't seem to have made a difference at all.

desml

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2006, 10:20 PM   #2
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Gastritis sufferer who needs advice/help

As you know Nexium is drug that reduces acid in your stomach. But some work better than others. Prilosec --otc works better for my wife than Nexium.

The area where you are having the pain -- I think is your esophagu or a hiatal hernia???

I had gastritis as Dx by an endoscope exam and both Prilosec & Aciphix did not help for 5 months. And, I was cured in 2 weeks taking Mastica -- 2 - 500mg capsules twice daily between meals along with a probiotic supplement.

Old 02-12-2006, 06:48 AM   #3
Earlene
(female)

Earlene HB User

Where do you purchase the Mastica/can you name the brand? Do you have a hiatal hernia?

Old 02-12-2006, 07:13 AM   #4
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

My Doctor prescribed Mastica the first time I bought it in his office. He is a an Alternative Medical Doctor where I live. I don't have a hiatal hernia.

But, I have since bought Mastica (Mastic Gum) from a local Vitamin Shoppe and online. The one I use is put out by Allergy Research Group.

My wife has had a Hiatal Hernia--- for about 35 years.
She also has a swallowing problem (Nut Cracker Syndrome) and takes Prilosec about half the time.

Harry

Old 02-12-2006, 07:47 AM   #5
Earlene
(female)

Earlene HB User

Thanks Harry,
Does your wife take the Prisolec every other day?
Every dr. that I have seen for the pain that I have in my chest have said that it could NOT be the hernia causing my symptoms. I've had two endos, one dr saw a hernia, the other did not.???? Pain is present most of the time but sometimes I don't feel it at all. weird.
I think I've seen others on these board say that they experience pain in the chest from hernia also.
Heart trouble ruled out last yr.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #6
diamond79
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

desml,

I had the exact same problem as you--diagnosed with "mild" gastritis through endoscopy, dr.s thought my nausea, burning pain was GB related and removed my GB. Still have gastritis to this day, although it's getting better SLOWLY after removing everything irritating to my stomach (fats, spices, caffeine, etc) and sticking to a very bland diet. I do still have a flare-up a couple times a month which will cause a full feeling/aching under my left rib cage. I have switched my PPI a dozen times and all of them seem to work for a while then just quit. I am currently taking 40 mg Pantoloc(Protonix) and it seems to be the best for me so far.
Sorry I wasn't much help but I understand your frustration--some days I wonder if this will ever go away?!?

Closed Thread