It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Feeling sick?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2006, 06:27 AM   #1
MAD MAZ
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Feeling sick?

can anyone help I have had right side rib pain for 8 weeks now for the last 2 weeks I have been feeling nausea most of the time. I had a scan yesterday to see if I had gall bladder stones and all was fine I am SCARED .....Mandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #2
Socagrl
(female)

Socagrl HB User
Re: Feeling sick?

does the pain wrap around to your back, or do you feel it anywhere else like your right shoulder?

is the pain constant and steady or does it come in waves/attacks?

Old 02-26-2006, 02:17 AM   #3
MAD MAZ
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi Again I am still getting the pain near my rib also now in the middle just above my belly button and sometimes near my left rib. I feel sick every day. I have had a us biliary system scan and that didnt show any gall stones ??? I am now waiting to have the camera down the throat. I am in the U.K so I will be waiting months to get that done, I also get a lot of burning in my throat has anyone else had this if so what was wrong with you... Mandy

Old 02-28-2006, 06:41 AM   #4
electrafiing
(female)

electrafiing HB User

Mandy,
sounds as though you might have a form of acid reflux or Gerd. That would exsplain
the burning sinsation in your throat. When i was found with bleeding ulcers, i had
similar problems. Except i had pain that was under my breastbone and above my Navel. And would get clammy and shaky-and feel as thow i had to vomit.
Sounds as thow your doctor is giving you the proper test however. Do you exsperiance
any other symptoms???

Old 03-01-2006, 06:03 AM   #5
MAD MAZ
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi Electrafling did you feel sick every day, Its worrying me! I also get the pain above my belly button and have had pain near my right rib and sometimes left rib.I have been getting pain under my arms and behind my ears for about 3 months.I have missed my peroid now for 2 months ????? I also have a underactive thyroid>>>>>> thanks and take care ....Mandy

Old 03-21-2006, 02:33 PM   #6
MAD MAZ
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi I am still feeling sick with a pain in my stomach. doctors just say this is stress yeah I am stressed because I am in pain could it be a Hiatus Hernia what is a Hiatus Hernia, and what a the symptoms....Mandy

Old 03-21-2006, 03:28 PM   #7
debbie2862
(female)

debbie2862 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD MAZ
Hi I am still feeling sick with a pain in my stomach. doctors just say this is stress yeah I am stressed because I am in pain could it be a Hiatus Hernia what is a Hiatus Hernia, and what a the symptoms....Mandy
I'm not sure what the symptoms of hiatel hernia are but the burning in the throat and pains around breastbone could be reflux/GERD. I had an endoscopy recently and that was the diagnosis. I had the same symptoms, although I didn't really feel nauseous at all. However, my esophagus damage is fairly minimal. You may have an ulcer as well as reflux. As hard as it is, try to calm down because that will only make it worse. Have you tried any OTC medication? Prilosec or Zantac even? If that helps you, then you probably have reflux or an ulcer. Good luck!!

Closed Thread