It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2006, 06:34 AM   #1
(female)

debbie2862 HB User
Anyone have reaction to Aciphex?

I just started taking Aciphex 20mg two days ago. I took them in the morning before eating. I felt fine until last night (day 2) when I started having an achy feeling in my upper chest and the feeling like my heart was racing. It continues this morning and I'm not sure if my reflux was just really bad last night or what. Now I'm afraid to take another one in case I'm having some kind of reaction to them.

Has anyone had a reaction like this with Aciphex? I asked my doctor before I started taking them and he said that it was very well tolerated, blah, blah, blah. I will call him if this continues today but I wanted to get the lay person's opinion because sometimes I feel like these docs won't own up to reactions being caused by meds.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Anyone have reaction to Aciphex?

I took it for a month and it didn't have any reaction good or bad!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
(female)

debbie2862 HB User

I guess you mean it didn't help your symptoms? That stinks. I was told it can take 4-6 weeks to work which I think is ridiculous.

I still have the feeling in my chest but now I think I might actually have a cold or something because I've been coughing, although that could also be reflux. Aaaarrrghh. This is very frustrating.

Last edited by moderator4; 02-25-2006 at 09:33 PM.

Old 02-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #4
(female)

ebrbetty HB User

I took it too, it actually made me feel worse

Old 02-24-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
(female)

debbie2862 HB User

Betty,
How long were you on it before you realized that it wasn't working? And, how did it make you feel worse?

Did you switch to something else that worked better?

Last edited by moderator4; 02-25-2006 at 09:34 PM.

Old 02-24-2006, 05:35 PM   #6
(female)

ebrbetty HB User

Hi Debbie, for me it acually made the heartburn worse..thats the problem I had with all heartburn/ gerd meds I took.
I only took it for about a week or so, because as I said it seemed to cause more problems.
are you having heartburn?

Old 02-25-2006, 09:33 AM   #7
(female)

debbie2862 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrbetty
Hi Debbie, for me it acually made the heartburn worse..thats the problem I had with all heartburn/ gerd meds I took.
I only took it for about a week or so, because as I said it seemed to cause more problems.
are you having heartburn?
ebrbetty,
Yes, I am having heartburn and it does seem like its gotten worse in the past few days since I've started with the Aciphex. If I'm still feeling worse after being on this for a week, I'm going to call my doctor. He wanted me to see him in 2 weeks but I don't want to wait that long. As it is, I'm taking more Mylanta now than I was BEFORE I started this stupid Aciphex.
Did you try taking prescription strength Zantac or any of that class of drug? Did that also make your symptoms worse and did your doctor know why it happened? Are you on anything at all now?
Thanks for your help. I'm so confused right now.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #8
(female)

ebrbetty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie2862
ebrbetty,
Yes, I am having heartburn and it does seem like its gotten worse in the past few days since I've started with the Aciphex. If I'm still feeling worse after being on this for a week, I'm going to call my doctor. He wanted me to see him in 2 weeks but I don't want to wait that long. As it is, I'm taking more Mylanta now than I was BEFORE I started this stupid Aciphex.
Did you try taking prescription strength Zantac or any of that class of drug? Did that also make your symptoms worse and did your doctor know why it happened? Are you on anything at all now?
Thanks for your help. I'm so confused right now.
I tried every presciption drug my drs could think of for acid, they all made me worse. the only thing that has helped me was switching to a coffee for ppl with acid/ gerd etc. not eating butter, mayo, sause, chocolate, spicy foods and when its bad I mix up baking soda with water.
I had and still do stomach pain
are you just having heartburn or both?
oh ya..DGL helped a little too
I'm now taking Mastic gum

Old 02-25-2006, 05:15 PM   #9
(female)

debbie2862 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrbetty
I tried every presciption drug my drs could think of for acid, they all made me worse. the only thing that has helped me was switching to a coffee for ppl with acid/ gerd etc. not eating butter, mayo, sause, chocolate, spicy foods and when its bad I mix up baking soda with water.
I had and still do stomach pain
are you just having heartburn or both?
oh ya..DGL helped a little too
I'm now taking Mastic gum
I have some stomach pain but it isn't the main problem. It's mostly this weird pressure in my chest and throat and I'm finding that I am now hoarse!
Do you mind if I ask, what was your diagnosis? Did they do an endoscopy?
I just had the endo done and he said I have inflammation of my esophagus and stomach and gastritis.
What is DGL?

Thank you again for your help.

Old 02-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #10
(female)

ebrbetty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie2862
I have some stomach pain but it isn't the main problem. It's mostly this weird pressure in my chest and throat and I'm finding that I am now hoarse!
Do you mind if I ask, what was your diagnosis? Did they do an endoscopy?
I just had the endo done and he said I have inflammation of my esophagus and stomach and gastritis.
What is DGL?

Thank you again for your help.
hi deb, I've had 2 endoscopys, gastic emptying, barium plus many other tests. I was told I had a destended stomach, slow gastric emptying [ that causes heartburn as the food sits too long in the stomach] and an inflamed duodenum as well as gastritis
2 months ago I found out I have celiac.
DGL is taken for ulcers, I took it for a couple months, it didn't help me all that much, but everyone is different
heres a link explaining a little about it
[url]http://tsangenterprise.com/rhizinate.htm[/url]
I hope I've been of some help, we're all just trying to find a way to feel better..I pray everyday my stomach pain will stop
take care
Betty

Closed Thread