It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

terrible burning

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2006, 04:12 AM   #1
ventcrew
(female)

ventcrew HB User
Unhappy terrible burning

Some one please help. For the last 5 nights I wake up from a dead sleep with my pulse about 100 and terrible burning up and down my chest, sometimes in my shoulders and neck. I have had these episodes in the past and ended up in the ER at least 5 times where they run all the necessary test, EKG, Echo, Blood work up, Thallium Stress and even kept over night in CCU on the monitors and it is not my heart. I was diagnosed with Barretts esophagus about 5 years ago . I am on Reglan, Aciphex and Tagament and up until recently have been doing well. I am in menopause and was wondering if this could be the reasons for the flareups, also what causes it to happen 2 - 3 hours after a am sleeping. I take all my meds before I go to bed. Anyone else out there suffering like this. It seems my GERD is on a clock. Please Help.

Last edited by ventcrew; 02-26-2006 at 04:15 AM. Reason: remove my name

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2006, 12:50 PM   #2
ebrbetty
(female)

ebrbetty HB User
Re: terrible burning

have you tried sleeping with a 6-8 inch wedge..I sleep with one under my pillow, it keeps the acid from coming back up while laying down.
all the meds you're on made me worse

Old 02-28-2006, 04:06 AM   #3
electrafiing
(female)

electrafiing HB User
Re: terrible burning

Do you eat before you go to bed?? You may want to not eat before bed, try using a
pillow to prop you up. This will help from acid coming back up. You also might have
the doctor check you out for Ulcers. As what you are describing happened to me
before i was found with bleeding Ulcers that needed Surgery. I would wake up several
times heart racing or found it hard to breath or get comfortable,or slight burning sinsation. I also would have a gaggy type feeling in the back of my throat,burping,
urge to vomit and or having to use the bathroom. So to speak. Anyway you should
discuss the problem with your doctor,since you have had previous problems in the
pass. Or if you notice blood in vomit or stools. As these are some signs of Ulcers.
something that helped me some was taking Liquid Antiacids,before sleeping. Anyway
if the problem continues,you should have someone rule that out as a possibility.
I hope you get to feeling better. electrafiing

Closed Thread