It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
(male)

ghunt HB User
Why can't I eat in the morning without getting sick?

I've had this "problem" if you want to call it that, ever since sometime when I was in high school. If I get up in the morning and am not absolutely starving, and I eat anything within an hour or so of being up, doesn't matter if it's a banana or a plate of bacon & eggs, it makes me sick. I'm talking big time stomach cramps and diarrhea. Occasionally there will be an exception, but 95% of the time that is what happens; sometimes I will even get up and actually feel hungry, and eat something, and I will start getting stomach cramps a short time later.

I guess I'm mostly curious as to what would cause this sort of thing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

spider37 HB User
Re: Why can't I eat in the morning without getting sick?

my advice is get to a gastro doctor

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

maybe you should just wait until over an hour before you eat anything. Maybe your body just can't tolerate food early like that. I'm just guessing, but it seems like that is very possible. You said since H.S. but you don't say how old you are NOW -if this was just happening for a few months to a year, I guess you should tell a doc., however if you are like over 30 or something and it's been going on for YEARS, it's probably just your system and the way it reacts to food so early in the morning. You also could have IBS, eating does stimulate the bowels, and does it more so in people with IBS.

Last edited by Sunlover; 03-09-2006 at 06:07 PM.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
(male)

ghunt HB User

Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm 25. Been like this for years really.

Generally I do avoid eating in the morning...actually, I don't even attempt to eat anything usually. Most days I'm up and out of the house within 15-20 minutes. Sure does make it easier to get out of the house quick

My dad told me he could never eat breakfast, he has plain oatmeal every morning, apparently that's the only thing he can eat early. I don't really know.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I(f you raise the head of your bed 3 or 4 inches stomach acids would not settle in your stomach but pass on.
I think by sleeping flat causes too much acid in the mornings.
Worth a Try??

Old 03-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #6
(male)

ghunt HB User

I sleep with two pillows, wouldn't that be enough of a "rise?"

Old 03-10-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb Re: Why can't I eat in the morning without getting sick?

ghunt,
No --- Sorry pillows don't work -- it is not your head that needs raising it is from your waist up to your mouth--- that includes stomach and esophagas.

It is a common thing to do with people that have GERD.
I just use a piece of 4x4--- been doing it for 25 years. But, you can buy bed stands.

I wish you well--- It'll work~~~Harry

Last edited by Harry; 03-10-2006 at 11:16 PM.

Closed Thread