It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2006, 09:47 AM   #1
(male)

R5555 HB User
belching question

I've been feeling like I have a belch "stuck" in my throat... even when I drink soda, I feel like I can't get a satisfying belch, just small belches. I have this greasey feeling in my chest like there is something stuck there, like food, or air or something.

It started the other day when I was drinking something, and while I was drinking, I felt this sharp feeling in my chest like I swallowed something, and like I needed to belch it out. A little later I was eating and after the meal I felt a small urge to belch and regurgitated some kind of sticky substance. I hope it's nothing serious, any help would be appreciated

Old 05-29-2006, 06:17 AM   #2
(female)

yawningdog HB User
Re: belching question

I, too, have been belching a lot and drinking anything will help release the stuck belch. If I don't release the belch I have the sensation of being choked, not of choking.

I have been googling belching to find help. Yesterday I looked up something diferent and found Hypochlorhydria or Low Stomach Acid. This is often treated as reflux and you are given anti acid meds that only make it worse or lead to a yeast overgrowth.

The main symptom is refered to as 'burping' and not belching and that is why I didn't find it 9 months ago when my problem started.

main symptoms
belching, burping
big belly
huge appetite
feeling full after eating like you stomach isn't emptying
thin or weak hair and nails
dry skin
overall weakness due to a lack of absorbing nurtients

Look it up there is even a questionaire on one the sites.
Edit/Delete Message

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2006, 09:43 AM   #3
(female)

sundaysun HB User
Re: belching question

i have these symptoms too but not all the time. it either lasts the whole day, or doesn't happen the whole day at all. normally it would start after something like a few sips of water. sometimes having a good size meal helps to get a satisfying burp, but not always. have no idea what causes that. now i stopped taking probiotics that i used to and it seems it's a bit better now, but still get that trapped wind quite often.

Closed Thread