It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

What in the heck is causing all these symptoms??!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
diamond79
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User
Angry What in the heck is causing all these symptoms??!!

I have been dealing with these symptoms of nausea, dizziness, headaches, stomach pains/burning--the list goes on--for over 2 years now. I have had every test known to man (and probably some not known to man), had my gallbladder removed, which only made things worse and actually added a few symptoms to the list, have been on countless meds for nausea, reflux, anti-depressants, etc. only to have symptoms remain. I have been to the hospital where they just write a prescription for acid reflux pills and send me home. My dr. thinks it's "all in my head" and writes prescriptions for anti-depressants and sends me on my way. If I had a dime for everytime I was told its acid reflux or "all in my head" I would be living the high-life right now!
I am just sick of the dr's telling me it's "all in my head" (like I sit around and make these things up or something!) Believe me, if it were all in my head then I would be the healthiest person alive or close to it!
Sorry to rant and rave. If anyone else wants to add their own rant, feel free. I know there are others out there in the same boat that are frustrated as well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
diamond79
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User
Re: What in the heck is causing all these symptoms??!!

Sorry, forgot to add in my haste if anyone knows what all these symptoms could possibly be from please let me know!
I was told I have "chronic mild gastritis" whatever that means!? I'm guessing something I will have for the rest of my life according to the "chronic"?

Thanks,
Donna

Old 03-28-2006, 10:51 PM   #3
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Donna,
You have been writing alot for over a year now.

Have you ever tried Mastica? I have mentioned here several times.
It really helps me with gastritis.
Harry

Old 03-29-2006, 12:53 AM   #4
MAD MAZ
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi I have and still am having so many pains in my stomach and Nausea, My started near my right rib and moved to all over I had pain near my ovarie on and off, pain in the middle above belly button, pain sometimes near left rib pain in my lower back, I hate the feeling sick. I have had gall bladder test no gall stones, Waiting for the tube down the throat. I have seen about 6 different doctors most say it Anxiety, one said maybe my food is not going around my body as it should ,or it could be mussle spams
(sorry for the bad spelling!!!) So like you i am sick of being sick???
I am so scared when the pain is near my ovarie/ appeneix will burst, but the doctors said its not (how do they know) I am on Lansoprazole 30mg I am Levothroxine for a underactive thyroid Autoimmune Disease ,IFyou have one Autoimmue you are more prone to another...... Mandy

Old 03-29-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
amberjean
(female)

amberjean HB User

Diamond,
Your symptoms and associated doctor problems sound EXACTLY like my brother in law. he has had endoscopy, barium swallows, x rays, etc etc etc...until finally the doctor told him that he has chronic gastritis and there's nothing they can do for him except give him nexium for a year and then re-examine him then. So, if you find out anything make another post, so I can pass it along to him. By the way, are you an unusually small person? My brothe rin law is, and his doctor tells him that his extremely high metobolism might be the culprit...

Old 03-29-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
diamond79
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

Harry,
Yes I have posted on here alot, and started to actually feel better for a whole month and then all my symptoms returned with a vengence. I am really frustrated as I was feeling so great and thought this "disease" had finally run it's coarse only to be slapped with my original symptoms x10! I have seen you mention Mastica on here before and I ordered some from a health food place here in Canada but never received it. I tried something similar a few months ago after a lady suggested it and it didn't do anything for me. As you can tell I am willing to try just about anything to feel better at this point--if someone told me to jump off a bridge because it would cure my problems then I probably would!

Mad Maz,
I hear ya about being sick of being sick! It's very frustrating when you don't know what is wrong and even more so when your thinking it could be a million horrible things!
Sure hope you feel better soon!

amberjean,
Yes I do happen to be a small person. I weigh about 103 lbs at 5'5". I use to weigh about 140 until all this came along and the weight just kept coming off. If I do find something out I will let you know. It's been over 2 years and nothing yet so I am not too optimistic at this point.
Sorry your brother in law is suffering. I wish him well!

Old 03-29-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
seagoddess
(female)

seagoddess HB User

if you have taken a lot of antibiotics, hormones such as birth control pills or steroids, you could very well have systemic candida. if so, you need a good strong pro-biotic that you can get at any health food store. it really works to help me eliminate or keep my symptoms to a low level

Old 03-30-2006, 06:28 AM   #8
BlessingsGalore

BlessingsGalore HB User
Post Re: What in the heck is causing all these symptoms??!!

The pro-biotic is a good suggestion. So is Multi-enzyme daily. I find the less DRUGS I put in my system, the better off my digestive system is.

I was in the hospital about to have a GUT WRAP with GERD, HIATAL HERNIA, DIVERTICULITIS, ESOPHAGITIS, etc. when I started takeing MSM several years ago. IT HEALED MY DIGESTIVE SYSTEM.

I didn't have ANY TROUBLE for a long time and then I ate a LOT OF FRESH STRAWBERRIES and CHOCOLATE and threw myself into a horrible flare of diverticulitis. Fever, chills, the works.

Now I'm starting all over in the healing process. It can take a long time.

I can't even take my much needed anti-flammatories until I am better for fibro/arthritis.

I wish you well, it can make you very miserable.

HAVE YOU TRIED the alternative med route ? I usually get more help that way.

Do a google study on the Digestive system and you'll find some interesting stuff.

ALSO, eating a slice of apple will give immediate (but not long standing) relief.

It sounds as if you may have a lot of CANDIDA.....YEAST.........and things like that going on from all the MEDS.

I'm not a DOC.............I have suffered for over 30 years with digestive problems.

Old 04-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #9
seagoddess
(female)

seagoddess HB User

have you considred that it could be candida? have you taken a lot of antibiotics, steroids or hormones? look up candida on the internet and see if it sounds like what you have.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:08 AM   #10
clill_IU

clill_IU HB User

Diamond,

I've been going through the same exact symptoms for the last two months. I'm gradually getting better, mostly due to peace of mind. I suffer from anxiety disorder as well, and I'm constantly stressed at work (perhaps its time for a job change) :-)

I went to a gastroenterologist who specializes on cases of those who have been diagnosed with idiopathic dyspepsia and/or IBS. If you don't know what these are, the former is indigestion with no cause, and the latter is diarrhea/constipation with no cause. Approximately 40% of people who visit the doctor in the United States complaining of stomach discomfort fall into this category. Unfortunately, alot of these cases are simply misdiagnosis.

Per my doctor, candida is a commonly overlooked problem. Doctors used to think that only those people with suppressed immune systems were at risk for candida. Also, because our dietary habits in the states are horrendous, it is quite common to have imbalances of bacteria in the digestive tract. If you have taken antibiotics over the years, the above are more likely. Finally, if it truly is "idiopathic", then low doses of SSRI's have been known to knock the problem out. I try to stay away from drugs when possible, but sometimes there isn't an alternative.

One thing is for sure, I have gained a whole new respect for those that suffer from digestive disorders...I used to think a tummy ache was merely a case of taking an antacid, end of story. Man was I wrong!

Old 04-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #11
diamond79
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

clill_IU,

I think I was already tested for Candida if that is what they do a stool sample for?
I admit I do suffer from anxiety, which I never had any problem with until these 'problems' started. That's when the anxiety "attacks" began.
The tests I have had are CBC-everthing normal, abdominal ultrasound-normal with the exception of my GB (inflammation and polyps), Hida scan-normal, had GB removed March 2004, barium swallow-normal, stool sample-normal, Thyroid blood test-normal, all ENT tests for dizziness-normal, CT scan of head for dizziness-normal, endoscopy-chronic mild gastritis and acid reflux. Probably forgetting some other tests but those are the ones I remember. As you can see I have been tested from head to toe and it even has the dr's puzzled

Closed Thread