It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

need some advice please

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2006, 06:30 AM   #1
sammi77
(female)

sammi77 HB User
need some advice please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, don't know if i am posting in right place, but could really do with some advice right now.
I am from the uk, 39 year old female. mother of two.
My problem is, about six weeks ago i started having a strange taste at the back of my mouth, this would only last a few hours but days later would return, again only for a few hours.
I then started having problems digesting my food and had a lot of trapped wind, with lots of gurgling going on in my abdomen, and tenderness just below my sternum.
This was accompanied by nausea and sometimes i would get pressure in my chest and throat area.
now and again i would get a small amount of reflux,coming into my mouth, and have a feeling that after i have eaten i still have particles of food stuck low in my throat, around the base of my neck area.
for the last two days my nausea and wind problem have lessened, but i still have the feeling of something stuck in my throat, and now have a constant sweet taste at the back of my mouth, which affects the taste of any food that i eat.
I visited my doctor about four weeks ago, and he gave me gaviscon advance and said it was esophogitis, and that gritty feeling , or lump in throat was scarring from the acid reflux.
i just wondered if anyone else had the sweet taste and the lump feeling too?
I must admit this is really getting me down, and is affecting my diet and the way i live my life. if things don't improve i will go back to my docs.
What really worries me is that my gran died of cancer of the esophogos in 1997 aged 73 and although her symptoms were quite different to mine, it is still a worry.
So sorry for length of post, just needed to get it all down

Last edited by sammi77; 03-30-2006 at 06:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread