It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

how long after eradication of hy pylori

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2006, 09:11 AM   #1
GILLY1
(female)

GILLY1 HB User
Unhappy how long after eradication of hy pylori

How long before I am better after getting rid of hy pylori. I finished my quadruple therapy two weeks ago I am feeling a little better but I am still getting gnawing pain under the breastbone. I am taking Losec for another two weeks just wondering if I will ever feel right again

Gilly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2006, 04:32 AM   #2
Lenin
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: how long after eradication of hy pylori

Gilly,

Ulceration can take from 4 to 8 weeks to fully heal with a propon pump inhibitor once the H.pylorii has been eradicated.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:11 AM   #3
GILLY1
(female)

GILLY1 HB User

Thanks I just feel so awful and as I have been like this for 18 months I just want to feel normal again

Old 04-05-2006, 03:58 AM   #4
wv_lady_us
(female)

wv_lady_us HB User

I had H Pylori and took lots of antibotic's for it and 2 years ago when I went to my Gastro doc and had a light down my throat and colonoscopy, she said I didn't have any bacteria in my stomach and that if you have ever had any in the past, it might still show up in your blood work. I know how you feel. Ever since I had my gallbladder out Ive had on going bloating, gas and sometimes sick to my stomach and I have vague pain on right side under ribcage too and I just take my Zelnorm, drink lots of water and eat very lowfat and it gets better. For some reason I crave brothy type soups when I get sick. I don't think Im ever going to be normal again as I don't have a gallbladder anymore. I still think something got screwed up when I had the lap surgery to have my gallbladder out because thats where I feel the vague pain (about where my gallbladder use to be) and it goes around to my back too. Good luck in getting rid of the bacteria in the gut. I know its very difficult to get rid of sometimes and I hated taking those antibotic's...barb

Old 04-09-2006, 09:16 PM   #5
Canyondweller
Senior Veteran
(female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

Usually they retest you to see if it is gone. But you have to go off the PPI's for about a month before you take the breath test and I felt awful when I went off. I think they are somewhat habit forming in a way. I could take Pepcid or Zantac but no PPI's. How was yours diagnosed?

Old 04-11-2006, 05:19 AM   #6
GILLY1
(female)

GILLY1 HB User

Hi I was originally diagnosed 18 months ago via blood test, I had triple therapy 18 months ago but after 12 months I told the doctor I felt no better so I had the breath test which confirmed I still had it. I was then given quadruple therapy, I felt awful with so many tablets 18 a day. I am just wondering how long it will be before the ulcer s heal, I also feel uncomfortable all up through my esoephagus.

Old 04-11-2006, 02:06 PM   #7
Canyondweller
Senior Veteran
(female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

Well, it is my understanding that it is not ulcers like you get when you have too much aspirin or Advil. It can manifest itself in many ways. I had no "sores" but had very bad gastritis with tons of polyps. My tests were all negative but my Dr. said you have H. pylori, I don't care what the tests say. So I went on the triple threat and it did help me and the next endo was clear in that area though I do still have some polyps in the duodenum which he said were from too much acid. I have to have endo again next year because they cannot remove them there. I really don't know the answer to your questions as yours tend to be extremely stubborn but I would think once you are finished it should not take long. Is there any possibility that you could also have another bacteria along with the h. pylori and the treatment is making it worse. Giving antibiotics can make some things worse. Have you been tested for Giradia, Crytomporim and those things.

Closed Thread