It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Is it common to have movement pains with esophagus or gerd symptoms?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
moesciphish
(male)

moesciphish HB User
Is it common to have movement pains with esophagus or gerd symptoms?

Sometimes when I get like a flare up, from stress or whatever, if I move a certain way or have bad posture.. I get pains in my chest area and my esophagus and in the middle of my back... like if I lean forward or back and stretch... or sudden movements.. I don't think this would be a heart thing right? I mean it sounds more like something is irritating my esophagus... but sometimes its much higher up in my chest... would esophagus irritation be intensified by movement?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
Sunlover
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: Is it common to have movement pains with esophagus or gerd symptoms?

Sounds like a stressed muscle.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:50 PM   #3
moesciphish
(male)

moesciphish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunlover
Sounds like a stressed muscle.
That's what I thought.. except that it intensifies the reflux pain or soreness from reflux that I have...

Last edited by moesciphish; 04-08-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Old 04-09-2006, 04:59 AM   #4
Sunlover
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

I'm not quit sure I understand. I THINK I do... you mean the pain you get in waves from the reflux, etc., is the SAME kind of pain like when you move a certain way (same place, same pain?) Maybe the acid, etc., is causing spasms and those spasms are bothering the muscle. Just like what I had recently. I hurt a muscle doing the torse twist machine at the gym, and when I'd turn a certain way it would hurt, but it would also hurt when I'd take a deep breath and expand my lungs. The air in my lungs was bothering the muscle, the same as the spasm from your reflux is bothering YOUR muscle. A muscle can bother you for days (mine lasted 3 days), could last a week. If it's been longer than a week and showing NO improvement maybe you could ask a professional. And have you been diagnosed with acid reflux, or do you just THINK you have it because of symptoms? I THOUGHT I had it because of symptoms until I went for an endoscopy and I had nothing at all. It was all spasms! And THIS went on for over a year!

Closed Thread