It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2006, 04:16 AM   #1
(female)

Bilbobeth HB User
All day nausea, weak, worried

I am very confused right now about my condition. I have been posting in the GERD forum but acid reflux seems such a loose term which seems more like a symptom most of the time unless that is the only diagnosis you end up with. I am reading barium can't show up GERD??? I had a barium but am still being treated for GERD despite it coming back as normal. I am now waiting for an endoscopy. My symptoms are:
Acute nausea without vomiting every day, sometimes most of the day and especially on first waking. Nausea made worse by eating (very little for last few weeks lost much weight). Even drinks make me nauseus.

Weakness (probably from now eating?) but a weakness like I am very poorly. Moving around slow and difficult.

Sometimes pain behind sternum and also in stomach area. Stomach area feels like it is bubbling inside and hot!

Dizziness, getting spaced out and feel "odd".

Bouts of shortness of breath like my rib cage is narrowing and compressing my lungs...hard to take in a breath.

Shaking episodes that look more like jerking and nodding head, uncontrollable. These can last from minutes to hours and absolutely wear me out.

Pounding in ears on exertion. Noises in ears.

Occasional itching over entire body.

Bad taste in mouth like metal.

Occasional sore throat.

Pain in right lung area most of the time and sometimes in shouder (right mostly) and right arm

Thrush and two bouts of burning urethra in last few weeks. (No urine infection)

No appetite at all. Bowels fine.

Had all this for at least the last three months.

Routine bloods came back ok. X-rays came back ok. Barium came back ok. I am dreading what this endoscopy is going to show but on the other hand I feel I desperately need a firm diagnosis so I can be treated properly. Been on PPIS- two different kids. Neither have worked tho low dose. Both have made me feel worse. Was also tested for blood sugar level with a monitor. Apparently ok.
At the moment I have stopped PPI's until I have had endoscopy and am taking the occasional valium to calm down the shakes and generally put me out of my misery so I can have the odd sleep.

I welcome anyones thoughts on this. Many thanks for reading.

Last edited by Bilbobeth; 04-17-2006 at 04:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
(female)

Earlene HB User
Re: All day nausea, weak, worried

I had a upper GI series w/barium and it showed my reflux. Not sure how severe they would say it is but as I said on other post the nausea is something else. I know plenty of people w/GERD and reflux but don't complain of nausea. I also have chest discomfort and sometimes pain. For some reason when I stopped Prisolec my pain increased for a while.
I surely hope you can get some relief.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
(male)

bkerlee1386 HB User
Thumbs up Re: All day nausea, weak, worried

hey, i have alot of the same symptoms you have, and have had them for awhile now, a little over a year to be exact. I had an endoscopy, and it showed an ulcer right at the opening of the esophageaus. My symptoms are, nausea sometimes, pain in the leftarea of my abdoman, either lower or upper, its more upper, and hurts worst at night, its right at my breastbone. Sometimes, it burns, and sometimes, it just hurts. Also my weight goes up and down, but to cut a long story short, mine and your symptoms sound alike, so you might have an ulcer......do you stresss alot??? because i've learned from experience that stress can make everything 100% worse. so hopefully what i told you helps you out, take care, and post something and let us know what the endoscopy reveals

Old 04-19-2006, 11:51 AM   #4
(female)

Bilbobeth HB User

Thanks for that. Dare I say that that sounds rather encouraging as I beleive ulcers are pretty treatable (correct me if I am wrong). I think I invented stress!!
I was horrified to learn late yesterday that my GP had sent a letter for referral to a gastroenterologist (clinic assessment) with a view to possibe endoscopy instead of an urgent referral straight to the endoscopy department!! Apparently I would have been waiting around 7 weeks in all for an endoscopy. Needless to say he got a phone call this morning from me and he has faxed through an urgent request straight to the dept. Ijust hope it is not too long. Will let you know the outcome.

Many thanks for your interest.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

I'm looking at this thread is because I thought someone posted most of my symptoms here. I was placed in the gastroscopy waiting list since December 2005. I'm still in the waiting list now. Someone told me in the other forum it could be "Helicobacter Pylori". Ulcer in the stomach. It can cause Atrial Fibrillation (chest vibration or palpitations) as well. My nausea started since July 2004, it remains nausea and untreated yet. Let us know when you get your result. Take care.

Pika.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
(female)

Bilbobeth HB User

Well guys
I have six weeks to wait for an endoscopy/ I dared myself to get on the scales today and I know now I have lost in excess of 20lbs in about 5 weeks. This is worrying the life out of me as I have three kids to look after and no one medical seems to give a hoot. I am spending a lot of time in bed I am so weak and forcing myself to take in around 600 -750 calories a day. With the nausea its all I can muster but still thre weight is dropping off me very quickly. I have no energy left. What do I do?????

Old 04-24-2006, 01:29 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Bilbobeth I have been feeling nausea for 10 weeks now Its driving me mad, I have also been having real bad pains in and around my stomach and right ovary and pain under my right rib snice early january.I keep missing my peroid, like you I am so worried I have a scan tomorrow on the ovary Ihope all is ok!!!! I am also waiting to see someone at the hospital to get the go ahead for a endoscopy ,I think living in the good old U.K with our NHS we could be on death doors sometimes!!! are you on any meds, I am on Lansoprazole and Domperidone and still feeling pains and Nausea I do hope we feel better soon you take care...Mandy

Old 04-27-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
(female)

Bilbobeth HB User

Hi Mandy
Let me know how your scan went? What diagnosis have you got so far for the nausea? Its the nausea and weakness thats driving me mad. UK NHS.........need a kick up the backside but governement is to blame. Got a date for my endoscopy 12th May. Until then I am wasting away!!

Old 04-28-2006, 01:26 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi Bilobeth Ithink the scan on my ovary went ok I was so worried i didnt realy take in what she was saying, I wish I let my sister come in with me she did say that I may have had a cyst on the rightside. I am on Domperidone for the nausea have been on them just over a week and I am not sure if they are doing me any good ,Thats realy good that you have a date for your endoscopy already. I have a date to go see someone on the 17th may so god knows when I will have the endoscopy?? I have been in so much pain this last 3 months in and around my stomach it's making feel so ill. The doctors I have gone to see all think its (STRESS) as I lost my dear mum 10 weeks ago but I had the pain before she died, Oh how I do miss her, have you been tested for the H Pylori anyway bye for now ....Mandy

Old 04-28-2006, 01:35 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Oh I also take valium ,I had a endoscopy about 10 years ago, have you had one before....Mandy

Old 04-28-2006, 04:07 AM   #11
(female)

Bilbobeth HB User

Hi Mandy
Glad you're scan went ok. If it's a cyst they usually leave it unless its massive anyway. How did you get to be on lansoprazole?? Have you had a barium? Are you under a consultant ie ENT or Gastroenterologist?
I had a barium but it was inconclusive as they often are. I have had a nasal camera type thing passed down my throat twice now. I have been told I have acid reflux so far but I am so very poorly I know there is something a lot worse going on deep down! What did you have the endoscopy for 10 years ago?

The nausea kept me awake for hours last night. I go to sleep with it and I wake up with it. Lost 2 more lbs in weight. It's just dropping off me daily!
I have panic attacks which is why I am on valium and I find lansoprazole makes me feel worse sometimes. My doctor has just given me zoton.
I have been put on Buccastem for the nausea but I am loathe to take it as it said interacts with tranquillisers. My GP says it will just make me extra tired ie knock me out!! I need to take it but fear how bad it will make me feel.It's getting like that, even taking tablets bothers me especially whilst on valium.
Its a pity we cant chat on yahoo or msn as I lost my mum three years ago and know just what you must be going through.

Keep in touch

Old 04-29-2006, 03:00 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi thanks Bilbobeth I am on Lansoprazole because of the stomach pains I don't like taking tablets so I thought I would try every other day, I started getting real bad heartburn, you say your doctors as put you on zoton guess what that is the same as lansoprazole its just a different brand name!!! I would say to you to take the nausea tablets I was told by one of the doctors over one month ago I was scared but I got that bad with the pain about 10 days ago that I went back to the doctor's, I saw the same doctor again and he asked me how I was getting on with the tablets. I told him that I hadn't started taking them. because I don't like taking all these different tablets that couter-act each other. It would hide the actual problem. Anyway, he said to me that I should take the tablets, because if anything it would help with the sickness and nausea; he put me on "Domperidone" Touch wood, I have been on them now for the last 10 days, and for the last four days the nausea is a lot less.

Just today I have recieved a letter from the NHS, giving me an appointment to see the Gastroenterologist on the 17th of May. I had the endoscopy 10 years ago because I was suffering from bad heart-burn. It shown showed that I had an inflamation of the Duodenum. I would love to be able to chat with you on MSN or something, but I do not think we are allowed to give out such things as email addresses; what I shame!

I also have an Underactive thyroid that causes a lot of problems for me too. How are you today, anyway. Keep in touch. Mandy x

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 04-29-2006 at 03:14 AM.

Old 04-29-2006, 11:13 AM   #13
(female)

Bilbobeth HB User

Hi
Yes, the zoton is soluable tablets of lansoprazole. Thye make me feel worse!! Is the domperidone an anti nausea tablet and is it ok with valium? How much valium do you take a day?
I get a bit irked by how much acid reflux is played down my GP's and the like. As yet thats the only diagnosis I have got. I know everyone is in the dark until my endoscopy on the 12th. I have a meeting with the gastro enterologist just before that too so I will have to mention that I dont want my throat sprayed as it will freak me out too much (panics!) I am trying to eat a minimum of 750 calories a day as the last doc I saw said if I needed an operation I would be considered too weak at the moment! Trouble is every time I eat no matter what it is , I always end up with chest and tummy pain and burping for hours!! That coupled with the nausea doesnt make you feel like trying much.
Glad you got an endoscopy date anyway. At least you feel a bit better when something has been arranged.
I remain exactly the same. Weak, bothered and bewildered!
keep writing folks!

Old 04-30-2006, 04:18 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD MAZ
It shown showed that I had an inflamation of the Duodenum. How are you
Mandy,

How they treated your inflamation of the Duodenum? Were they fixed up during your endoscopy procedure? Or go home take tablets? I really want to know because I'm very scare.

Pika.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #15
(female)

sspoon HB User

Hi, new to this board. I have had cronic diarrhea for over 2 years with severe cramps. I was able to somewhat control the D with Imiodium or Pepto. Some days I could get it to stop and I could leave my house and somedays I couldn't even go outside. To far to make it to the bathroom. It got to the point that I was wearing depends 24/7. Then in January I ended up in the hospital. Put on IV's. I was so dehydrated that I took in 6 IV bags in 2 hours. They took a stool sample and I had Clostridium Difficle C-Diff. I was given Flagyl and the C-Diff went into remission. But I still had all the symptoms. I went back to ER and had a upper and lower GI. They confirmed C-Diff remission but saw something and took a sample that turned out to be Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis. EG is a condition in which one or more layer of the stomach and/or small intestine are infiltrated with a type of white blood cell called eosiniphils. Symptoms of EG include early satiety (feeling full before finishing a meal), swelling, reflux, diarrhea, abdominal cramping. I also have it in my esophagus EE. Symptioms of EE include choking, chest pain, nausea, reflux, strictures, polyps and swallowing problems. And it's in my large bowel; Eosinophilic Colitis or EC. EC is often misdiagnosed as Ulcerative Colitis because both can have diarrhea and constipation. There is no cure for EE,EG,EC. Prednisone has been proven to put it into remission. I cannot take it. So I have live the rest of my life with diarrhea, severe cramping, swelling, (I look like I'm 7 months pregnant). Plus all the meds I'm taking for depression and panic attacks and the meds for EE,EC, & EG effect me like I'm living in a confused state of mind. I was told I could not drive, use the stove when no one is with me, and to never use stairs without help.

Nausea and vomiting with reflux are common with EG. When you have your GI done please ask them to look for this. I have been suffering with this for over 2 years.

Closed Thread