It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Living without a stomach

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2006, 05:28 PM   #1
radioflyer_02
(female)

radioflyer_02 HB User
Question Living without a stomach

As of late, my stomach problems have gotten so severe that the doctors both here and at Mayo are considering removal. I am just wanting to know if anyone can give me insight as to what it is like living without a stomach. I am very scared and just want to find out all I can before the doctors final decision is made.

Thank you
Rory

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2006, 01:50 AM   #2
MAD MAZ
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: Living without a stomach

Just to say I do hope you are not feeling to bad, what stomach problems have you been having? I have been feeling nausea every day for 3 months and been have real bad pain all over my stomach it all stared with a pain under my right rib, I am still having this pain. God I am scared I have been having pain near my right ovary, HAD GALL BLADDER SCAN NO GALL STONES somethings going on! You take care... I am going for a scan of the ovaries on the 25th this month to see if there is any problems down there; hope not.

Take Care

Mandy. xxx xxx

Old 04-25-2006, 10:24 AM   #3
radioflyer_02
(female)

radioflyer_02 HB User

I am doing better somedays. Each day is a different story. I hope your scans go well. It is hard to determine some things and even more frustrating when a doctor does not know what something is. But my stomach problems are due to Auto Immune Gastritis. It is not fun becuase somedays I can eat normally, some days I can;t eat at all.

But again, I hope the best for you! Maybe they will figure all your aches and pains out!

Rory

Old 04-26-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
MAD MAZ
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi Rory I had scan on ovary got to wait 10 days for the results to go too my GP.I am worried as I also have Autoimmume hashi's ( underactive thyroid) so I can go on to get others??? how did they find out that you had Autoimmume Gastritis, what was your stomach problems and what tests show that you had this. I do hope you are not feeling to bad take care ...Mandy

Closed Thread