It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Zelnorm Side Effects

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
sunshine8790
(female)

sunshine8790 HB User
Zelnorm Side Effects

Hi, the doctor prescribed Zelnorm for me for my IBS with constipation, and I severe bloating everytime I eat...but now that I have the Zelnorm, I'm afraid to try it because the consumer reviews are not very good. Alot of people complain of severe abdominal pain and severe diarrhea. If anyone has tried it, let me know what you think of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
CATHERINEREMI
(female)

CATHERINEREMI HB User
Re: Zelnorm Side Effects

Hi Sunshine! I Too Was Prescribed Zelnorm By My Gi Doc. I Took It For About 9 Months. My History Is Very Long And Complicated But I Do Have Cronitc Diarrhea And Lots Of Adhesions From Previous Surgeries. I Was Shocked When I Read The Warnings That Came With The Zelnorm And When I Questioned My Doc, He Said They Just Have To Cover Their You Know What's. He Later Took Me Off Of It And When I Went Off I Ended Up In The Hospital For A Week With An Impaction. My Best Advice Is To Do Lots Of Research And Question Your Doc About How Long You Will Be On It Etc. Good Luck, Let Me Know What You Decide.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
My wife just ran out of Zelnorm (yes...we know, but the doc said to keep taking) rp1965 Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) 0 07-10-2008 04:42 PM
Zelnorm???? IS IT TRUE?? Donna-Sue Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) 6 04-05-2007 08:58 PM
Zelnorm, IBS-C, Long colon SRMom Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) 12 08-23-2006 01:22 PM
Hi, just prescribed zelnorm and would like to hear all of your success/non suceess? Jess75 Bowel Disorders 1 07-18-2005 10:40 AM
more encouraged; zelnorm; ibs mrs fudd Bowel Disorders 3 03-20-2005 06:19 PM
Zelnorm anyone else taking it snodove Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) 9 05-20-2004 03:09 AM
What should I expect from Zelnorm?? Ski_G Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) 0 10-30-2003 12:43 PM
Zelnorm for GERD? Broadwaygirl03 Digestive Disorders 1 09-13-2003 04:54 PM
Zelnorm Kristykg Bowel Disorders 1 04-11-2003 03:58 PM