It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Low EF rate On HIDA Scan But No Stones - Surgery Or Not?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
karen7
(female)

karen7 HB User
Low EF rate On HIDA Scan But No Stones - Surgery Or Not?

I have had intermittent upper right quadrant pain for many years and many sonograms that showed no stones and bloodwork/liver panel has always been perfect. Finally, I went for a HIDA scan that showed a rate of 14%. I am schduled for surgery to have the gallblader removed but am wondering if anyone here has had a low rate on the HIDA and NO stones...and if so, what are your symptoms or what were they before you had the surgery? I have read a zillion websites by now but would like to hear from anyone firsthand if this surgery helped (with no stones found on ultrasound, just the low rate HIDA scan). Thank you in advance. I would also like to know what can happen if I don't have it removed, what your dr. may have said.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Low EF rate On HIDA Scan But No Stones - Surgery Or Not?

You can do a search here and find tons of folks who've had low ejection rates and had the surgery. There is nothing that will increase the ejection rate so watever symptoms you are having will continue until you have it out. I doubt that's the way you want to live. Additionally, something is causing it to malfunction. Perhaps it's sludge in the GB. You'll know once it's out.

Last edited by Titchou; 04-30-2006 at 01:04 PM.

Old 04-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Low EF rate On HIDA Scan But No Stones - Surgery Or Not?

If your GB is not functioning properly --- It should be removed.
I agree with Titchou!

Closed Thread