It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Someone, please help!!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
wvangel
(female)

wvangel HB User
Unhappy Someone, please help!!!!

I just had my gallbladder removed Tuesday......5 days ago. They didnt have to cut me, thank God. I dont know if this is normal or what, but I havent had any problems with gas, but I have very sever pain on the right side where my gallbladder was, Im assuming. I cant sneeze, I cant take a deep breath, I still cant bathe myself in the shower, as far as my back side and my legs, I cant put my pants, socks or shoes on by myself, the pain is really bad, and hasnt gotten any better. I dont want to sound like a baby but this is getting terrible. I am on 10mg. percecet, and it doesnt even touch the pain. I dont want to call the doc and him tell me that this is normal and then seem stupid, so if someone has any insight, please let me know. I dont think that this pain is normal. It hurts too bad. Thank you for any info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 01:03 AM   #2
sundaysun
(female)

sundaysun HB User
Re: Someone, please help!!!!

i don't know if this will help, but i had exactly the same thing when my apendicitis was removed. the pain was so bad i couldn't even sit up in my bed, i was walking like a snail, couldn't sneeze, cough or do anything where abdominal muscles are involved. it lasted for about a week then slowly started to get better. in the meantime other people who had apendicitis removed at same time as me were almost jumping around the next day. so i guess it differs from person to person how soon you recover from an operation.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:24 AM   #3
kehorner
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
Re: Someone, please help!!!!

It could be from gas that was left over in the abdomen after the surgery. During the surgery they inflate your abdomen with gas so they can see what they are doing, and then after the surgery they have to try to get it all out again. If they don't get it all out, it can cause very bad pains. Unfortunately, all you can do is wait for the gas to be absorbed by the body (burping won't help because the gas isn't inside the GI tract, it's between the intestines and the abdominal wall).

Of course, it could also be some sort of complication. Do you have a fever at all? I would call the doctor and let them know what's going on. They might want to check you out to see if there is anything going on. Or, if it's pain from the gas, they might be able to give you something that helps more with the pain.

Don't worry about calling the doctor if you are worried about anything, though. It's thier job to take care of you, even if this involves telling you that everything is progressing normally. And you really shouldn't have to be in so much pain, no matter what the cause.

Best of luck to you, and hope you are feeling better soon.

Closed Thread