It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Please help me!! Very confused

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2006, 01:50 AM   #1
fishbone
(male)

fishbone HB User
Please help me!! Very confused

Hi!
My name is Jonnie and I am a twenty two year old typically healthy guy. A couple months ago I was at a friends house and started throwing up out of nowhere. For about a week after this I felt as if I could not eat anything. I had soup and crackers for a while and lost about 7 pounds. Then slowly I started to eat solid food but always felt nauseous after eating. I tried eating normal again but it was really tough. My diet consisted of a banana for breakfast, a turkey sandwich for lunch, and maybe some chicken or another sandwich for dinner. I was fed up and decided to get an endoscopy. Here's what confuses me...the night before at 10:30PM I ate Chicken Parmesan and pasta with meat sauce. This was something I had not eaten in a long time. I felt terrible after and I could feel the food just sitting in my stomach. My endoscopy was at 8:30am the following morning. Everything was fine but the doctor said she found some food in my stomach. Now I talked myself into thinking I have gastroperasis. Could the food she found be the heavy late night dinner I had the night before? Would it have digested by then? This has been going on for about 3 months, I don't vomit, my only symptom is nausea and feeling like I need to lie down after I eat. I know I was sick when I threw up out of nowhere and felt terrible for about a week, but I kept and still do keep telling myself I'm sick. Help!!! Please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #2
fishbone
(male)

fishbone HB User
Re: Please help me!! Very confused

Please help me!

Old 05-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
moesciphish
(male)

moesciphish HB User

Sounds like gastroparesis to me... I had some of the same symptoms... included with mine was constant belching and being able to taste the food I ate like 4 hours after I ate it.. my GI also thinks I have reflux because of it... I started eat alot less and lost 18lbs in a month, very unhealthy... eat smaller quantities but more often...avoid high fat and high fiber diets, your GI will probably have you go for a gastric emptying scan next... no big deal, you eat a egg sandwich and lay down for 90 minutes... I fell asleep during mine... anyway, my results were half the meal in 89 minutes... 90 minutes being the very last "normal" level apparently... though my GI doesn't know what would be causing the gastroparesis because it's usually caused by an infection of the stomach or thyroid problems, etc... I haven't tried Reglan which my GI wants me to because I've been very anxious about other things, but get it taken care of because it can escalate into GERD which sucks...I had an endoscope also and nothing really was seen... I think I have "silent" or non-erosive reflux... also, because of the stomach motility problems.. I think (I hope it's what it is) I've developed esophageal motility problems which are excrutiatingly painful... spasms feel like a heart attack... I've never vomited also, and the nausea isn't so bad for me... but DON'T LIE DOWN after eating... stay propped up...

Last edited by moesciphish; 05-02-2006 at 04:00 PM.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:59 PM   #4
fishbone
(male)

fishbone HB User

Thanks for the reply. I will get a stomach emptying test a.s.a.p. Is that the only way to tell if I have it?? Are you able to lead a somewhat normal life? Can it get worse over time? Thanks so much!

Closed Thread