It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Ulcer or gastric distress?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
ttc1asap
Inactive
(female)

ttc1asap HB User
Ulcer or gastric distress?

I sometimes get a bruised and/or burning pain in my stomach. Sometimes there's shooting pains. Then I get (sorry TMI) liquid shooting up into my throat (it keeps filling up my mouth) - it is sometimes clear or yellow. Sometimes I almost throw up. (Again sorrry TMI lol).
I did have a GI cocktail once when I ate spicy chicken - it felt like an alien was about to burst from my stomach.
I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and can have acid reflux from that. I was thought to have acid reflux b/c of pains on the right side of my chest (I had hives for 3 months long with these intermittent chest pains), and I have had a raw feeling at the back of my throat occasionally.
I was supposed to get an endoscopy but didn't. I haven't been tested for h pylori.
I didn't eat anything that I thought could have caused the burning-bruised-liquid filling throat-throw up feeling incident yesterday.
Could this be an ulcer or do I just have a sensitive stomach?

Last edited by ttc1asap; 05-05-2006 at 01:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
MAD MAZ
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: Ulcer or gastric distress?

Hi like you I also have hashi's underactive thyroid, We are more likely to get stomach problems. I have been having stomach pains and nausea for 4 months now, I have had gall bladder test and H-pylori test both come back ok, Iam being re-tested for H-Pylori this time a stool test the frist time was a blood test. Why didn't you have the Endoscopy????

Ulcer pain is normally in the middle above the belly-button !!!

take care...Mandy

Old 05-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
ttc1asap
Inactive
(female)

ttc1asap HB User
Re: Ulcer or gastric distress?

Yes I did read that thyroid problems can cause digestive disorders. I did not get the endoscopy because I found out I had to have it done at a distant hospital (this was the only gastroenterologist on my insurance) and they would not let me go home alone. My husband had just started a new job and he could not take off. Later my mom said she would have taken me. I had rung up a lot of medical bills regarding infertility and my thyroid (and other problems before I found out I was hypothyroid - sinus and throat problems, 3 month case of hives, etc.). After I found out I was hypothyroid I thought well maybe my digestive problems will clear up once my thyroid is "OK". So, that's where I left it. If I still have problems after feeling "right" again then Ill go back to the gastroenterologist and talk to him about the endoscopy.
I do get the middle pain often. I guess I should get the h pylori test also, plus check for all parasites, bacteria, etc.
I have the nausea every day, sometimes for several hours. That's one of the Hashi problems I hate most - that and the dizziness, tiredness, and coldness. What medication are you taking? I am on Synthroid but am still not right. I need to investigate whether I need T3 supplementation or maybe Armour would work better for me. I don't know how long to wait though.

Last edited by ttc1asap; 05-05-2006 at 04:52 PM.

Closed Thread