It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 06:53 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Question Bile Gastritis - help

I was told (and it was on the endoscopy report) that I have bile gastritis. Or at least, I had bile in my stomach at the time and I have gastritis.

I read that bile gastritis is rare outside of stomach/gallbladder surgery patients. For those rare people, it’s probably the sphincter failing (if you don’t have an ulcer causing problems).

Has anyone heard of having fluky bile in the stomach – maybe sometimes it pops in, but usually doesn’t? Supposedly the amount in my stomach was “mild to moderate”. I read horrible things that this will never go away because the sphincter can’t be fixed (just like all the sphincters), and will cause other major problems (“double reflux, double trouble”).

My doctor doesn’t act like anything is a big deal, but at the very least I think this has been causing almost constant burning gastritis for me. Add that I seem to have reflux (through my throat), and it’s really distressing.

I was convinced it was ibuprofen (major doses for some 6-7 mos) that has caused all my problems, but even my doctor uncle said gastritis should clear up shortly after stopping such medication (which I did months ago). So maybe I have permanent gastritis because the bile never stops irritating it?

Any comments on this? What are my prospects, etc? I’m seeing my GE doc next week and if I can plug any possible “cures” or “relief”, I’d appreciate that, too!

Closed Thread