It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2001, 07:58 PM   #1

robertjp HB User
Post throat tightness and hunger feeling and indigestion

Hi,
Im waiting for my scope test a month from now but Im trying to get to the bottom of my troubles. I have been having a tightness in my throat below the adams apple. It seems worse after eating but is still there throughout, although at times it feels almost normal. At other times it realy tightens up and I get the sensation that my food isnt going down. (it is , I drink alot to be sure. Other symptoms are way more burping and indigestion than normal. Also for the last week Ive be having constant hunger pains even 1/2 hour after I eat a good meal. This is starting to rattle me some. Overall the throat tightness has been going on for 2 months. Ive been on Prilosec for 3 weeks but dont notice much improvement. Has anyone had similar symptoms. Do I have H pylori or Hiatial hernia?? Im waiting for my test scope and that doesnt sound so good either. Thanks in advance for your answer. Bob

Old 04-24-2001, 03:04 PM   #2

dberry HB User
I had the scope test done because of a tightness in my throat and a feeling like there was a lump in my throat. What they found was a small hiatal hernia and they dilated my esophagus. That sounds horrible but I am some better now and I am continuing prevacid. This was 1 week ago. I was totally out for the whole procedure. Try not to worry which is hard because thats what everyone told me. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2001, 07:14 AM   #3

tracidear HB User
Smile

I TOO HAVE HAD MY ESOPHAGUS DIALIATED AND I HAVE GERD, I HAD IT DONE THREE YEARS AGO AND NOW I HAVE TO HAVE IT AGAIN. THEY SAY YOUR ESOPHAGUS IS SUPPOSE TO DIALATED TO 60 MINE WAS AT 40 SO THEY ONLY COULD DO IT TO 52 AND TOLD ME I HAVE TO DO THIS EVERY 5 YEARS OR SO. BUT NOW ITS GETTIN BAD AGAIN. I ALSO HAVE A HIATEL HERNIA, THAT MAKES IT WORSE, EVERYONE THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A HEART ATTACH CAUSE I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN. I DO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGHT!!!!!

TRACI

Old 08-06-2001, 11:47 AM   #4

broocha HB User
I too have that tight feeling in the back of my throat. I had an upper gi series but the only thing it showed was a small hiatal hernia. This is really getting me anxious and depressed. I was wondering how you are doing now?

Closed Thread