It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2001, 08:56 PM   #1

DarkStarWon HB User
Post What could cause so much burping?

I am finding that not a day goes by that I don't start burping,,sometimes not even after eating.....I've had my gallbladder removed years ago, but still have a problem eating certain foods...especially spaghetti sauce and italian dressing....the worst!! Instant indigestion and burping....Today I just drank a slimfast and a half hour later started burping like I had just had a 5 course meal. It is so annoying...I had a stomach upper gi done about 1 1/2 years ago and they found nothing wrong...Any ideas what could cause so much belching and burping....some days I hurt so bad I swear I'm having a heart attack with gas pains around my heart,,,but after a few good belches it will go away....Could there be something else going on inside or is it just from swallowing too much air all day long....?? Thx for any input.

Old 08-17-2001, 06:09 PM   #2
(female)

HeavenlyOne HB User
I started having belching problems when I began having panic attacks. I always felt like I couldn't catch my breath, so I was constantly sighing.
Then a month ago, I was diagnosed with severe acid reflux. It seems that I start belching when it acts up.
It does cause pain sometimes, and after letting it out, it feels better.

^i^

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2001, 03:16 PM   #3

sashalynn HB User
You could have a hiatus hernia...belching is one of the symptoms of these. Acid reflux can also cause belching. I have both of these.The hiatus hernia is when your stomach protrudes throughan opening in your diaphram (it's not dangerous, just uncomfortable). Italian dressing's and anything with tomatoes or spciey foods can make the hiatus hernia worse. See your Dr and see what they can find out for you. Good luck.

Old 08-23-2001, 10:24 AM   #4

emilyjames HB User
I have the same problem, constant burping. I get very bad pains after I eat which are only relieved by belching. I feel totally bloated and about 10 minutes later I burp and then burp continuously for about a half hour until either a huge satisfying belch relieves the pain, or I actually vomit. I wouldn't have believed it possible for a small amount of food to cause so much wind! I lost a lot of weight through eating so little, but now I have started to take small doses of ipecac which seem to help a bit, worth a try? I still need to belch after I eat but the vomiting has stopped, and the burping seems to be less dramatic! I have been able to increase my food intake a little, and hoping the improvement will continue.

------------------
Emily

Old 09-26-2001, 08:08 AM   #5

DianeMarie73 HB User
sounds like food allergies get tested it changed my life.

Old 09-26-2001, 01:03 PM   #6
Inactive

Kvs2731 HB User
Sounds like your having a problem with digestion.

A great digestive enzyme product may be your solution.

Kvs

Old 10-10-2001, 03:45 PM   #7

bearcto HB User
Question

What is the effective digestive enzyme we can use? I've been feeling better these few days but I keep burping and burping, which annoys me so much. I am now even having feelings like shortness of breath...

Please help.

Old 10-11-2001, 04:43 AM   #8
Inactive

Kvs2731 HB User
A great digestive enzyme formulation should be designed to help digest the food we eat and clean up the bloodstream. It must be well rounded in protease (to digest protein), amylase (to digest carbohydrates) and lipase (to digest fats) to be truly effective... because 95% of the food we eat is protein, carbohydrates and fat.

A great formulation would look something like this:

75,000 HUT of protease
15,000 DU or SKB of amylase
4,000 LU of Lipase

Kvs

[This message has been edited by Kvs2731 (edited 10-12-2001).]

Old 10-12-2001, 04:01 PM   #9

Raypatdcom HB User
If you made your Slim-Fast with milk, as I used to do, that is the cause of your burping at that time. Slim-Fast is notorious for causing belching and there has even been speculation that it contributes greatly to the formation of gallstones. I often wonder if that is why I had my gallbladder removed, because I used to drink so much Slim-Fast before I had it taken out. I think why so many people on it belch is due to the milk necessary to drink it. You may have lactose intolerance, or a food allergy to milk.

Closed Thread