It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2002, 09:33 AM   #1

christina02 HB User
Red face tender spots in stomach

Hello all. I have made posts before on this about the GERD I have. Well about the topic I posted about...I have two tender spots on my stomach when I press on my tummy. My mother doesnt have GERD but had the same symptoms I have with tenderness and was told she had ulcers. Not sure if thats the deal with me cause I had a blood test and it said no ulcer bacteria in stomach. Does that mean I dont have an ulcer then? I have the GERD and I have IBS. Could these tender spots be from that? When I found out I had GERD I was given Zantac and I felt it helped but then my Dr. put me on Prilosec 40 mg a day and it isnt helping my GERD totally and the tenderness is till there after 7 months. Has anyone had better success with something like zantac over prilosec? Please reply if you can relate to my symptoms. THANX IN ADVANCE.

Old 02-14-2002, 03:43 PM   #2
Super Sarah

Talking

Hi,

I can't relate to the GERD but I can to the IBS.

Are the tender spots in your upper or lower belly? If its your lower belly then it could be IBS related. If upper, then it may be related to the GERD or to your change of meds. Have you been getting any IBS symptoms lately, such as diarrhea, constipation and bellyaches?

The bacteria that you probably would have been tested for are H. Pylori, which is mostly the bacteria that will cause stomach ulcers. It could be that your new med does not suit you. The Zantac helps to lessen the production of acid in the stomach and your new med I think is what is called a Proton Pump Inhibitor. Maybe you need something different.

If it does not improve, I would suggest that you go back to your doc so he can look at your belly and see whats going on.

You could also try Acidophilus Caps or live yoghurt to improve the bacteria in your gut. I have also looked at a few posts on this board from people who have had great success with GERD symptoms whilst using digestive enzymes. You could give it a try. Go by your health food store and have a chat with them.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread