It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2002, 10:53 AM   #1

YesterdaysChild HB User
Post weird feeling in stomach

For the past few months, I 've been having some weird feelings going on in my stomach area. It's not a pain, but a strange feeling like "queasy" but not exactly. Sort of like when you eat too much salt or sodium and your stomach feels weird. Well, it comes and goes, but lately it's gotten to the point where the weird feeling has not only controlled my stomach area but moved up to my chest/lung area, like minor heartburn but not that strong, just weird feeling. At first I thought it was hormones, but my doc checked my thryroid and it came out normal. She is scheduling an appt to have my stomach probed. I'm really scared cause I'm only 28 and I've never experienced this in my life. Lately, everytime I eat, after I've eaten, I feel like I might throw up and sometimes it feels like I have to burp but I CAN'T! Like bubbles are stuck in the chest area or the food hasn't gone down. I'm scared, has anyone experienced this? What's going on with me?

Old 05-24-2002, 10:35 AM   #2

YesterdaysChild HB User
Update

Well, my doctor is still in the process of scheduling an appt for me to probe inside of me. Even though she prescribed some drugs for me, I might not need them

I got desperate the past few days and decided to take matters into my own hands. I bought this great book. I have symptoms similar to Gerd and it recommended GINGER JUICE. So, I bought some Fresh Ginger and put it in my juicer and drank some .It's weird... IT WORKED! The strange feelings have subsided! I read Ginger has some components that protect the stomach lining and that's where I felt the problem was stemming from... my stomach lining. I'm still gonna get checked out, but I think this ginger juice is a great substitute for medication.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2002, 05:29 PM   #3
Inactive

Toccoah HB User
Question

WOW, you juiced the actual ginger? Did you feel drunk afterwards? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif Too much ginger isn't good either. I usually drink the tea, but how did you juice the ginger and how much did you actually drink? Did you mix it with anything? Curious, maybe it will help me. Also, I've never heard of a probe to check the stomach? How on earth is this done? Only an endoscopy is used to actually look into the tummy. This is what I had done and yes, there was inflammation as well. Do you ever get any burning in the "pit" of your stomach? Let me know about that ginger. I'll have to give it a try! Thanks.

-Jennifer

[This message has been edited by Toccoah (edited 05-25-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Toccoah (edited 05-25-2002).]

Old 06-06-2002, 01:39 PM   #4

YesterdaysChild HB User
Well, I cut off the skin, then I put it in a blender and I drain it out(the ginger skin) so I get the juice. I stopped juicing it from a juicer cause it was way too strong. So the blender method seemed more appropriate for me. Well, it has worked. I take tiny sips throughout the day along with organic yogurt that contains active cultures. I don't have that weird feeling anymore but occasionally, I have a mild like burning sensation around my upper lung area. So, my doctor scheduled an appt for me to see a gastro doctor. SOrry about the probing explanation, I don't know the usage of the correct medical term. They're gonna put a tube or something of that nature through my mouth, so that's why I considered it probing me? I have to learn better verbal skills

Closed Thread