It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 07:56 AM   #1
(female)

myredcactus HB User
Nothing is Working!?!

I have gastroparesis and my gallbladder is overactive. I was on Reglan for about 8 months. It helped my symptoms very well, but made me extremely fatigued and moody - depressed even. I recently was switched to Prevacid. It's ok for the reflux, but my lower abdominals are going crazy. Last week, Zelnorm was added to the mix. I actually feel worse on Zelnorm than I did before I started taking meds.

I don't trust my doctor - so here are my symptoms. Constant pain under ribs (left), reflux, bloating. This is typically all of the time, worse after eating anything -- blinding pain.

Here are my questions:

1) Do you ever feel like your doctor just watched TV commercials and perscribes based on ads? In the same visit my doc mentioned Prevacid, Zelnorm and Activia (dannon yogurt) that she 'saw on TV.' Meanwhile, I'm spending a ton of money on these pills that aren't helping.

2) Do you know any replacement for Reglan... something that won't make me want to cry and keep me up at night?

3) Are there any herbal/vitamin supplements that seem to help? I have read (here) about magnesium... but that was for GERD - which I don't really understand.

4) How did you find your Dr? Mine is terrible... as you can tell. Any suggestions?

Thank you all.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #2
(male)

Red Palms HB User
Re: Nothing is Working!?!

Finding a good doctor is very difficult. Most doctors want to treat the symptoms rather than finding the cause. If I were you, I'd learn all I can about gastroparesis and an overactive gallbladder and go from there.

Our health care system is a joke. Treat the symtpoms with drugs, watch people get sicker. Repeat process. Make billions of dollars.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread