It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
(female)

hickey HB User
leaky gut

Any body familiar with the "leaky gut syndrome"? I would like to have some info from people with experience with this problem. I have a threat about my son on the board.
The doctor mentioned this to me and I am curious to hear from people who actually have this and their problems.
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
(female)

ThreeBoys HB User
Re: leaky gut

Well I can tell you what I know...
My 4 1/2 yr old son has autism. He goes to a special dr and she's put him on a gluten free casein free diet. His body doesn't digest the gluten (wheat products) so it lays in his gut. Then it leaks thru his intestines and gets into the bloodstream. (Leaky gut). The blood goes up into the brain and actually causes a morphine effect. Tht's why a lot of kids w/ autism spin in circles or hand flap, etc. They are basically high! And of course it's very addictive, the foods they crave are the foods they shouldn't be eating!!

If this helps.great.!! I'd be more than happy to share more if this is the sort of information you're looking for....
-Thanks, Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2006, 02:28 PM   #3
(male)

SteveGn HB User

I've been curious myself about this "leaky gut syndrome" (LGS). From the reading I've done on it, certain areas of the intestinal walls weaken, thus allowing toxins, feces, and other waste to seep through into the bloodstream causing many potential health problems. Anyone else have any experiences with it or opinions?

threeboys, Your description is a bit different from what I've read. You mentioned that the gluten just sits there - eventually seeping through. Do you know if this type seeping occurs even with healthy intestinal walls, or do the walls where the gluten sit start to weaken? Thanks

Old 07-14-2006, 06:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

gort HB User

L-glutamine in high amounts (5000mg / day) repairs leaky gut. I have discussed this in other threads--Digestive Disorders; General health; Alt Medicine.

Closed Thread