It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2002, 11:25 PM   #1
(female)

T-bone-Mama HB User
Question Ulcers with no known cause

Has anyone else had ulcers that were not caused by H. Pylori bacteria? My Dr. is puzzled why I developed 3 gastric ulcers when there are no known risk factors. I was taking an aspirin a day and drinking coffee, but he doesn't feel that was enough, that lots of people do the same and don't get ulcers. I am 45 and otherwise have been in very good health, except I had my gallbladder removed 2 months ago because of gallstones. I have been on Aciphex for 4 months and no longer have any symptoms, but the Dr. would like to do another endoscopy to see if the ulcers have healed. I'm worried that even if they have healed, they will return when I go off the med. Is this likely? Anything I can do to prevent it? I wish I didn't have to have another endoscopy, as I end up paying 80% of the cost and I'm still not caught up on my past medical bills.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2002, 10:55 AM   #2

mahtab HB User
i cant answer your question exactly but i have an ulcer too. i drank coffee and years ago took antiinfalmmatories, but am not sure why i would have an ulcer, especially since ive been on prilosec for one year before the dignosis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2002, 01:34 PM   #3

Shanny HB User
my mom doesnt have H. pylori and she has ulcers or did and basically she gets them cause of stress...(she has four kids under 13 home schooled + me but im gone most of the times) so yeah shes under a lot and the dr thinks that is what caused hers so relax a little and try to eliminate that supsect.
~Shan

Old 10-02-2002, 01:36 PM   #4

tmm35 HB User
stress and caffine can cause ulcers also acid reflux disease can cause ulcers and when your opening to your stomach and small intestines gets blocked it can cause a back up of acid in your stomach.i was hospitalized 2 months ago for bleeding ulcers ,erroded esophogus and and a narrowed esophogus and a high hernia my ulcers where not caused by hpylori but where my esophogus had closed off my food was being digested in my throat and not my stomach and my stomach was making twice the acid for food that wasnt comming down im still in bad shape because my stomach has almost shut down and my esophogus will probally need to be operated on.no you dont have to have hpylori to have ulcers but aspirin and motrin does help in causing ulcers.i wish you the best i know im going to have to have another scope done in a few weeks but sometimes its better to be safe than sorry because i learned you can become critical from an ulcer bleeding in a drop of a hat.tmm35

Closed Thread