It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
(male)

Chucky89 HB User
Strange gasto disorder

hello, my name's Chucky and i decided to join this forum to seek some help and possibly advice. i'm 20 years old and i developed this wierd gastrointestinal disorder that has caused sort of a crisis in my life. its a food intolerance realted issue which i thought i would never experience in my life. last year at this time i was consuming everything..i wasn't intolerant to dairy or wheat or anything like that. sure i ate out with my buddies at mcdonalds' every now and then but who doesnt.

basically my problem is like this: about 8-10 months i began experiencing the common stomach pains that ppl usually feel when their system can't handle a particular group of food. my anus began to mildly itch (it sounds comical but it sucks when it happens) every so often but i made nothing of it. so i continued with my diet..keeping in mind i never smoked and rarely drank. i didn't visit a doctor until about 3 months ago and i've had a bunch of tests done including a gastroscopy and all the doctors diagnosed is that i could possibly have pinworms and to lay off dairy, wheat and that kind of stuff. i completely failed to tell them whats really been bugging me, not the stomach pain i've been experiencing from so many different types of food, but the itching that comes along wiith it and the fact that i get kind of moist around my anus which is my biggest complaint. it comes a few hours after i consume what i shouldn't and it gets more moist after a day or two and it lasts for a few days depending on my diet. <---i honeslty do not know how common this sort of thing is. it can be pretty damn uncomfortable at times and i become highly susceptible to emitting gas. it develps from anything i shouldn't touch including vinegar and even oils. the only way to get rid of the stomach pain and the moisture/itch is giving up almost everything and eating nothing but vegetables, potatoes and unflavoured/unseasoned meats. i have an appointment with my doctor in a couple of weeks and i'm gonna tell him everything because it really is foolish to hide stuff just becuase of feelings of embarassment and that kind of stuff. i was wondering if anyone here has ever had something similar to me. my life has changed big time, i can't eat out with freinds anymore..there is no flavour in anything i touch. i make these wraps out of buckwheat and i can't even pour sallad dressings or any sauces inside becuase of the vinegar/oils/spices. this blows for me big time i'm hoping for things to change soon bucause i don't know how much more of this crap i can take.

i may be the only one with this problem and if i am, oh well, but if not i would love to hear someone tell me "hey i've had that problem..it will go away in no time"

at least i've learned never to hide anything no matter what the case is..failing to tell you're doctor the whole story is not gonna make anyone life easier

CHucky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
(female)

EosLady HB User
Re: Strange gasto disorder

Hi,
The problems you mention with the anus, do sound like possible pin worms. Have you been treated for them?
The food intolerances with GI problems sound like the disease I have. Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis. It is a GI disease that is allergy based. The body acts like food is an enemy and produces too many eosinophils which degranulate and damage the Gi tract.
[removed]

This is just a shot in the dark since I really don't know all your symptoms and your norm, but a possibility that you might want to look into with your doctor. The important thing about diagnosing this is that the tissue in the GI tract may appear totally normal but on biopsy the eos show up. For some reason they don't change the appearance of the upper tissue but are microscopic. People who have this disease in the esophagus may have some visible signs when a scope is done, but not necessarily.

Eos Lady

Last edited by WanderingMod; 06-16-2006 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:24 AM   #3
(male)

Chucky89 HB User

Appreciate the reply Eos Lady

REgarding the pinworms i have been checked for them and the docor prescribed me some vermox for my stomach..he believes its a stomach fungus i'm dealing with. i had a few of these penny sized orange spots on my chest and stomach which have faded a bit.

honestly the worst part about the whole ordeal is being unable to eat the foods i crave. whether its an inflammation or whatever it is, i hope it goes away in the not so distant future.

will check out the website and thanks again

Chucky

Old 06-16-2006, 06:45 PM   #4
(female)

EosLady HB User

Thank goodness the site seems to be up again. I tried to post earlier and couldn't...

I wanted to let you know that it has been proven that often the very foods we crave are the ones that are the most harmful to us personally... For some reason our bodies crave the foods that we are allergic to....

I sure hope you find out some answers soon..

Eos Lady

Old 06-17-2006, 08:10 AM   #5
(male)

Chucky89 HB User

i totally agree

but my system just doesn't allow me to tolerate any seasonings or oils of any sorts so basically most of my food tastes like grass. i'm pretty sure its an inflammation thats causing all these troubles so theres a good chances its temporary. the positive is definately that its forcing me to stay away from junk foods of all kinds. i guess my stomach just needs time to heal from all that burger king/dr pepper/caramilk i've tortured it with in the past lol

thanks again for taking the time

Old 07-16-2006, 11:43 AM   #6
(female)

cahcinderella HB User

Chucky89,

Hi, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. I am on this site today because for the last 4-5 months I have these terrible stomach pains and anal itching that comes and goes. The stomach pain is mostly in the upper portion of my abdomen and feels like something is squeezing and letting go. I also have the anal itching at times, but the stomach pain and itching are not at the same time. The itching is sooo intense that i feel like I am going to go insane if it does not stop.I haven't figured out which foods could be triggering this. I haven't gone to the doctor yet either because I am embarassed, but after this latest episode I am going to call tomorrow. I am leaning toward the idea that my body is totally overrun by yeast and am going to research that type of diet, but wanted you to know someone out here is also dealing with similar symptoms. I hope you find out exactly what is causing this. Good Luck, Cindy

Last edited by cahcinderella; 07-16-2006 at 11:45 AM.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:12 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

kerri0500 HB User

Hello, How did all of you figure out what foods did it? Did you start eliminating things and adding back or what? I find I have the same problems, feel empty even after I just ate, pain in the upper abdomen, just pretty much the same stuff!! thanks!

Old 07-17-2006, 06:39 PM   #8
(female)

EosLady HB User
Wink Re: Strange gasto disorder

Figuring out the foods that cause GI reactions can be very frustrating, and time consuming....
I would suggest starting with allergy testing. This may not give you the answers you need because many GI reactions are not due to IgE allergies... However some people have been able to eliminate the foods they tested positive to and had good results....

Because some people do respond to eliminating the top 8 allergens from their diet that might be a good second step... Try it for a couple of weeks and see if there is improvement.

Along with all of those steps, keep a food diary. Write down everything that goes into your mouth, include all ingredients in combination foods. Also write down any symptoms, no matter how minor. You may be able to pinpoint certain foods that seem to make your symptoms worse.

Although with eosinophilic diseases, the causes of the Gi problems can vary greatly, some of the most common trouble makers are Dairy, Soy, and eggs...
If you just want to eliminate a couple of things to try, those would be a great place to start.... But remember to keep that diary because no matter how determined we are to remember chances are we won't....

I don't know if any of you have been tested for pin worms... Their eggs are airborn, so anyone can become infected... The rectal itching was the main symptom I had years ago... The doctors were sure I couldn't have them, but my son did, and I was the one changing sheets, etc....

The way they had me test, was to use a piece of scotch tape on the rectum to capture the worms as they came out to lay eggs. That is when the itching takes place usually with pin worms... I had to do this in the dark since they come out in the dark.... Very simple test, bit embarassing, but so worth it to find out that yes I did have them and get treated...

Eos Lady

Closed Thread