It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2006, 02:24 AM   #1
(male)

HealthAddict HB User
Could I be suffering from severe digestion problems?

My symptoms are as follows:

Stress/tension feeling in my stomach which gets worse throughout the day and when I eat. Stomach feels bloated with cramps and there is a sharp constant pain in my abdomen which normally eases off when I lay, or press hard and massage the area, but this often then results in bad indigestion and wind. My chest is also effected, my chest feels very tense like I'm about to have a heart attack, and it sometimes hurts when I breath in deeply. Also, I occasionally get sharp pains in my lower back, which often eases off when I massage the area or lay on my back.

My symptoms are always worse in the afternoon, and normally peak around 1-3pm and remain strong throughout the day. My symptoms get worse when I am stressed and ease off slightly when I am relaxed. My symptoms always improve at night time, I eat my main meal at 8-9pm and the symptoms normally ease off at 9-11pm when I lay down.

So what do you think, could I be suffering from bad digestion problems, or food intolerance? Could supplementing digestive enzymes and probiotics help with my problem, or does it sound like something else could be wrong with me?

Last edited by HealthAddict; 06-15-2006 at 02:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2006, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: Could I be suffering from severe digestion problems?

Have you tried eliminating any foods? (wheat and dairy are where most people start)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
(female)

Verlinda HB User
Re: Could I be suffering from severe digestion problems?

While Iím no expert I have had a similar condition. I went to my doctor who prescribed several different drugs and none seemed to keep it at bay for more than a short period of time. After they ran several test they came up with nothing. They just call my condition IBS. Iím not currently taking anything for it. But it has gotten better. Why I really canít say. My doctor did say that IBS can be agitated by stress. You may want to do some research, But I would defiantly see my doctor about it.

IBS may seem like nothing but I have had two children naturaly and I know about pain. IBS for me was much like child birth in the way of pain that is.

Closed Thread