It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

Gigi D HB User
Gastroscopy yesterday

Well, the gastroscopy is behind me now. I had really been dreading that test. It wasn't as awful as I thought it would be, but it was still pretty bad. The stuff they spray in your throat was nasty, but nothing you can't handle. I remember gagging a lot and feeling like the scope was taking up too much room going down my throat, though (I know it didn't, but it felt like it).
I was told everything looked normal, so that's good.
I have gallbladder surgery next month, and I'm still waiting on the biopsy reports from my colonoscopy.
I'm slowly but surely making my way towards a diagnosis! Anyone know how long colonoscopy biopsies take? I was told I'd have them maybe today, but haven't heard anything yet.
For those of you who have had gallbladder surgery, what's recovery like?

Old 06-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User
Re: Gastroscopy yesterday

Recovery is normally quick unless you have open surgery...then it is a while longer. The first few days after the surgery are probably the worst because of the gas they use to inflate your abdomen with and also trying to get up by yourself...OUCH! I felt like I was run over by a transport truck the day after but every day it was better and better.

Good Luck on your surgery!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
(female)

paula43 HB User
Re: Gastroscopy yesterday

Gigi, there's a group of us that all had our gall bladders out in May and some before. Look at the 2nd and 3rd pages also, you will see our "diaries" of sort and how we are progressing. Not as bad as I thought, the first few days I was sooo tired and couldn't sleep on my sides, just my back and hard to get out of bed...use your arms, not your stomach muscles, just roll over and push up to get out of bed. I am 5 weeks post-op and walking miles a day. Take the time to check the posts and any questions, just ask away! Good luck.

Closed Thread