It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2002, 07:43 PM   #1

Kortney HB User
Unhappy Please help! Severe nausea and stomach problems.

I've had severe nausea for 2 straight weeks. No vomiting, fever or diarrhea. I feel nauseated around the clock though.

I feel somewhat bloated in a way. Last night I had some severe heartburn that didn't last very long. I don't feel any burning into my throat or anything like that. Nothing I eat makes it any worse or any better for that matter. I feel a little tender in the top portion of my stomach right where the rib cage stops and stomach begins but it's only sore when pressed. No acute pain. I don't feel burning sensations or anything.

Could it be reflux? I don't have an ulcer that I'm aware of. I don't take NSAIDS.

I was fine one day and like this the next.

I don't have any other symptoms other than feeling weak and my head hurts some because I can't eat much at one time due to the nausea.

Is it indigestion or reflux maybe? I feel bloated and sick all the time!

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-12-2002, 04:58 AM   #2
Super Sarah

Talking

It could be that you have GERD, or you could have food allergies or intolerances that are causing your problem.

Pain such as this above your belly button could indicate a gallbladder problem too.

I would suggest that you go and see your doc and get some tests done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2002, 07:59 AM   #3
(female)

Emmy2 HB User
My stomach problems started like you - with mostly nausea - all the time. I had the H. Pylori bacteria. You might want to get a blood test to see it if is that. Mine wasn't diagnosed for a long time and I just kept getting worse. Just a thought!!!

Old 10-12-2002, 04:30 PM   #4

Broadwaygirl03 HB User
My stomach problems started out like that, exept I had vomiting every now and again but it was all bial. I had H. Pylorie, which came up negative on two blood tests. They had to do a biopsy of the lining of my stomach during an endoscopy to get a postive reading. I also have GERD/Acid Reflux. I don't like saying I have it, because most people think it's just heartburn after you eat something you shouldn't. But for me it's intense nausea. The nausea for me is caused by bail backing up into my stomach, a doctor explained it once as "most people, the reflux backs up into their throat, you're entire digestive system refluxes". Even now, 3 years after I've been diagnosed I still get horrible nausea. But like you, I can be totaly fine one day and very sick the next. My doctor has me on Vofran, which is an antinausea medicine used for people on chemo. It's horribly expensive so I only take it when I really need it (which is most school mornings) but it is a miracle drug. It works for me within 10 minutes and I'm feeling back to normal. I don't know how it works or what it does but I don't know where I'd be without it. Well, I do know where I'd be without it- home sick in bed vomiting bial all day.

Also- I just noticed that you said you have trouble eating when you're feeling sick. When I first came down with my whole stomach problem, I couldn't eat. Being 14 at the time everyone thought I was annorexic. My parents would yell "Just eat!" but I seriosuly couldn't, and the reason we found out was that bial (which causes my nausea) was backed into my stomach hence, my stomach was full and there was no room for food.
~Into the Woods

Old 08-04-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
(female)

krismarie HB User
Re: Please help! Severe nausea and stomach problems.

i feel the exact same way and i have had blood tests, upper GI, and an endoscopy and nothing has come up. im seriously at my wits end because im so frustrated and i hate feeling sick all the time, and i can barely eat. i started taking prilosec but it hasnt really been working for me. it has been going on for about 4 months and before that i always had an extremely hearty appetite, and now i cant even eat a full meal.

Old 08-09-2005, 01:50 PM   #6
(female)

zetajenn HB User
Re: Please help! Severe nausea and stomach problems.

Have you tried blackberries or blackberry juice / cider for the nausea? I don't know if it would help the burning or not, but it will help the nausea. Hope this helps!

Closed Thread