It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

ieshaj HB User
Constantly starving

I am eating as I normally do. I have had a lot of anxiety lately. For a while I have had nausea, vomiting in mornings and middle of night, migraines, IBS acting up, not sleeping well at all. I eat and eat and eat. I eat till I am full. I snack during the day too. I can be eating a meal and I still feel like I am starving while I am eating. My stomach always feels like it is eating itself like I haven't eaten in days. I have also lost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Nothing unusual to me though b/c my weight always flucuates within 10 pounds from water retention and female issues. I even wake up in the middle of the night starving so now I have to keep food beside my bed. I went to the doctors last month for a physical and everything checked out fine. Why am I starving????

Last edited by ieshaj; 06-17-2006 at 07:27 PM.

Old 06-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User
Re: Constantly starving

I have no idea how old you are or what your situation is, but could you possibly be pregnant??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2006, 09:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi,

Have you been to a gastroenterologist dr.? If not try that first.

My first thought that you had an/some ulcers. I am hungry all the time and it is because of my parents and other stomach problems.

Hope you find your diagnoses.

Love, Wannabe

Old 06-19-2006, 07:37 AM   #4
(female)

Isodora HB User

Oh goodness, hopefully you get an answer because that is happening to me as well. For the past few months my stomach has been growly, I feel nearly vomitile if I don't eat. Usually I feel sick in the mornings and after I eat, there is something very wrong going on in there. I also have been having slight anxiety attacks and have lost 10 lbs in the past week, I can't explain why because I keep eating, just like you. Before this I was actually running on a team and had a very healthy- breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Now though, I'm losing weight and feeding my stomach that nearly burns when I don't eat and makes me feel sick when I do. I have been looking for an answer for a while, so hopefully someone comes along and answers your query.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

I've been having this too....... only I GAIN weight from all the extra eating. Convinced I had an ulcer, I went to the doctor and had a whole bunch of tests performed only to be told I was suffering from irritable bowel syndrome.

Incidentally, I too suffer from anxiety, headaches and poor sleep. I also have hypothyroidism which I believe I need a med adjustment for. When I was first told my thyroid was low I had actually lost weight so maybe you guys should get that checked out? I had this same problem back then too......

Old 06-19-2006, 07:09 PM   #6
(female)

ieshaj HB User

I went to the primary care doctor again today for all of my symptoms. For the migraine, he took me off of the zoloft I was put on for my anxiety. For the constant starving problem, nausea and vomiting, he gave me some other meds that are the same as nexium or whatever that med is called for ulcers. He said that I just have too much stomach acid. I could also take tums and that may work as well. I am going to start doing that first b/c I am tired of meds giving me headaches. I did eat a bowl of cereal today and I actually felt full for a while too. I am guessing it is b/c of the milk. I notice when I eat yogart, I can relax for at least an hour before the starving feeling returns. I am guessing it is b/c milk is supposed to relax the antacids.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:48 AM   #7
(female)

Beth-E HB User

If you are having heavy bouts of vomiting in a row, you could have cylic vomiting syndrom. They associate it with migraine headachs.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #8
(female)

didi45 HB User
i am also going through the same thing i have been posting this problem,and it was so hard to figure out.so anyway i have lost 35lb in 3 months and i also am eating way way to much but iam always starved i went to the GI thursday and its not for sure yet but he think i may have celieac disease i had a blood test for this i will have the results thursday.all my symptoms are,severe constipation severe weight loss,hunger, celeiac is that glutin in my food is damaging the small intestine so i am not getting enough nutrients which is malabsorbtion,it can be as easy as glutin free diet but if it has gone to long it can cause complacations,i have been reading about this and what i understand is that celeiac is a mimic to thyroid symtoms,thyroid was my first thought but was tested 2x and had a scan and was good there is alot of info at celeiac .com if you havent seen a GI it may be a good idea.im still not sure if i have this but there realy isnt to many more things it could be i been tested for so much and the other thing just scare me to think about if its not ill have to cross that road then.i hope you all could get some answers soon,diane

Closed Thread