It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2006, 03:41 AM   #1
(female)

GILLY1 HB User
Unhappy Help What Happpens Now

I was tested positive for hy pylori 18 months ago. I had triple therapy and then quadruple therapy and I think I still have it. I did the breath test again today and have sent it off. What will they do if I still have it ? Does anyone know

Regards Gilly

Old 06-19-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
(female)

ashley_moore HB User
Re: Help What Happpens Now

GILLY,

I had the same problem and have had it 3 times and it still isn't gone. They will just make you repeat the anti-biotic therapy.

Last edited by moderator4; 06-19-2006 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Repeating post is not needed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2006, 02:32 AM   #3
(female)

GILLY1 HB User

Hi Ashley
thanks for your reply. What symptoms do you get ? I get a gnawing ache just below my sternum on the left hand side and get very bloated with sometimes a soreness above my belly button. I feel nausea most of the time, pains in my chest (they ruled out heart problems except for a harmless murmer).

Old 06-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dlh HB User

do you have any burning? is it worse after you eat? I was just tested via blood so have no results yet

Old 06-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #5
(female)

anxiousinnj HB User

Hi all,

Is there a home test, or one you can do without a script to check for pylori bacteria?
I've had a bad run of GI problems lately which started with gall bladder. "One " of the problems now is LUQ pain & epigastric soreness. Had an upper Gi which showed inflammation. I asked the GI doc to test for pylori but he said the pain would be different.
I also had a gastric emptying study & when the nuclear tech saw the type of discomfort I had she couldn't believe a pylori test hadn't been done.

Just wondering if I can do this on my own........although I know if positive it needs to be treated by my doc.

thanks!

Old 06-22-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User

I tested positive for h. pylori during a stomach biopsey 18 months ago and took the triple therapy. A stool sample came back negative so supposedly the therapy took care of it.
I still have stomach pain, weight loss, anxiety and heart palpitations. My PCP
is thinking I need to be retested......it's possible the protonix I took caused a false negative. They know so little about h. pylori, yet they say there's a high percentage of people who do have it and never show any symptoms.
I hadn't even heard of it before I was diagnosed.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:30 AM   #7
(female)

GILLY1 HB User

I.m not sure what protonox is but I was told not to take any antacids or any thing of that nature for two weeks proir to being tested as this would give a false reading. Have any of you seen a picture of this hy pylori thing. It looks ALIEN

Old 06-23-2006, 10:31 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User

Protonix is like Nexium, or one of the others, but it's prescription. They told me to wait the two weeks, and I did, but now my PCP says she read that 2 weeks was not enough. Those critters are creepy looking.......

Old 07-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #9
(female)

ashley_moore HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILLY1
Hi Ashley
thanks for your reply. What symptoms do you get ? I get a gnawing ache just below my sternum on the left hand side and get very bloated with sometimes a soreness above my belly button. I feel nausea most of the time, pains in my chest (they ruled out heart problems except for a harmless murmer).
I get bad burning pains in my stomach, nausea all the time, severe pains in my right side, i get the chest pains to. They almost feel like electrical shocks, achy pains all over body, weight loss, I never feel like i have a appetite, I get Gas & bloating alot, Vomiting several times a day...Burning mostly down my right side from breast to knee..

Old 07-16-2006, 10:48 AM   #10
(female)

anxiousinnj HB User

Oh great, I just had the stool specimen done for pylori--no results yet. But I've been on Prevacid 30 mgm 2 x day for about 6 weeks--no one told me it would interfere with results. I'm so sick of doctors...
So it the results are negative, I may need to repeat the test again???

Old 07-31-2006, 05:47 AM   #11
(male)

eric12345 HB User

you are right the doctors dont know anything....let see all of us here who have h.ploryi have lost weight...all of us here who have h.ploryi feel nausia...all of us have some sort of discomfort or pain...so why the hell 3 doctors that i seen said that h.ploryi does not cause all this symptoms...they said everybody has h.ploryi in thier stomach!!!! i dont understand them???

i have h.ploryi and i took the anti biotics 6 weeks ago for 10 days....its been 5 weeks since i finsihed the mediaction and i still feel the same!!!...as a matter of fact i feel worse becuase i feel little weaker and developed some leg weaknedd which i think came from the biaxin drug( which is the wrost in the world) anyways....to make a long story short i think there has to be more eduacation about h.ploryi

Closed Thread